News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

One of these days I am going to play the ME2 DLC and ME3. Someday. Probably shortly after I get around to playing the Witcher series.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on November 29, 2016, 03:10:24 PM
One of these days I am going to play the ME2 DLC and ME3. Someday. Probably shortly after I get around to playing the Witcher series.
DA:I > ME3.

But, ME3 multiplayer was fun.  Buggy as hell, but fun.

ME2 felt a little too much like a console game for me.  Load a level, fight a bunch of monsters, fight a boss, go home.
ME3 has a similar formula, sometimes, but not always.

There's a huge mod, many, many gb, and many hours of installation to get true HD textures for both ME2 and ME3, I recommend it if you want to play.
And forget about Witcher 1&2, #3 will keep you occupied for 200hrs.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

If I play The Witcher it will be the whole series -_-

ME2 felt like a shooter game with self contained 'stages' or whatever but it was a fun shooter game.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Caliga

I played the first Witcher for maybe 15-20 hours.  I thought it was ok and I kept lolling at all of the ridiculous sex scenes Geralt was having, but there was something or other I found difficult and never ended up getting past it.

I also have Witcher 2 and played it for a little bit but couldn't get used to the combat controls and gave up in frustration.

I hear that they are much more streamlined in 3 and hope and pray that it's the case.  I better not have to get a Steam controller or something in order to play the damn game.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

11B4V

I used a regular game controller. Easy pesy. Great story line and well done.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

viper37

Quote from: Caliga on November 29, 2016, 04:00:41 PM
I hear that they are much more streamlined in 3 and hope and pray that it's the case.  I better not have to get a Steam controller or something in order to play the damn game.
I didn't need a Steam controller or something in order to play the damn game.  Only a keyboard and mouse  A new mouse, specifically for gaming, with buttons everywhere, but still a mouse.  Anyway, my old mouse died on me while playing, so no big deal.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Tamas

I have a cheap knockoff of an Xbox controller, made for PC. Worked very well with Witcher 3 but I did NOT enjoy the mouse+keyboard combo

viper37

Quote from: Tamas on November 30, 2016, 06:19:18 AM
I have a cheap knockoff of an Xbox controller, made for PC. Worked very well with Witcher 3 but I did NOT enjoy the mouse+keyboard combo
you need a programmable mouse, where you can assign more commands.

celedhring

Valmy, do me a favour and tell me I shouldn't bother collecting the shards for the Oasis temple sidequest.

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on November 30, 2016, 11:29:08 AM
Valmy, do me a favour and tell me I shouldn't bother collecting the shards for the Oasis temple sidequest.

Um...sure.

celedhring

So I should?  :ph34r:

I looked it up and there's 126 of the things. That's a fucking lot and I'm afraid it won't lead to anything too exciting.

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on November 30, 2016, 11:46:06 AM

I looked it up and there's 126 of the things. That's a fucking lot and I'm afraid it won't lead to anything too exciting.

It leads to some decent stuff. As far as collections go it is one of the best. The others take hours and you get a few EXP once you complete the collection.

But ultimately is it worth it? Meh.

viper37

Quote from: celedhring on November 30, 2016, 11:46:06 AM

There are some very good equipment there, eventually.  You can live without it, but it'll make your life more miserable, that's all.

The regular game isn't too tough, so it won't show.  Once you get into the expansions though...  I'd use every ounce of bonus and luck I can get.

But it's a really annoying side quests.

Oh, and don't forget the puzzle pieces.  They are ab-so-lu-te-ly essential to the game.  Really.  There's no going around without it.

I would never lie about something that important.

*exits the room silently*

Ed Anger

Anybody play that new Master of Orion? Its 15 bucks,but I'm getting a vibe that I should hold off.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

viper37

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 02, 2016, 02:58:33 PM
Anybody play that new Master of Orion? Its 15 bucks,but I'm getting a vibe that I should hold off.
Buy Galactic Civilizations III with all the DLCs.

But if you want MOO, read the review:
http://www.pcgamer.com/master-of-orion-review/