News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

What would have been a better name? Quid pro quo Chalice?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Chalice.  Sounds like stripper stage name.  ITS PRONOUNCED SHÁLEECE

Razgovory

I don't think I want to see a woman strip who goes by the name of "MASSIVE SHÁLEECE"
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

FunkMonk

The new Doom is hilarious and amazingly fun. Between it and Civilization 6 I'm in game heaven.  :goodboy: :nerd:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

American Truck Sim at max settings with 400% downsampling can look nice.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

I notice a new game called Transport Fever.
Finally a worthy modern version of Transport Tycoon?

I'm also contemplating buying FM 17  :blush:
██████
██████
██████

Josquius

Fuck Football Manager. Just fuck it.
I bought it. Played it. Got to the end of January....... bam. My save game seems to have corrupted. And the game has failed to autosave every 2 weeks as it was meant to. My last game is in November. A solid Sunday of play gone. Fuck this piece of shit.
██████
██████
██████

Zoupa

Bought RimWorld, just on impulse on steam, had never heard of it.

Holy shit guys. Take a look at it if you like base building, X-Com style. It's awesome.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tyr on November 15, 2016, 01:45:19 PM
I bought it. Played it. Got to the end of January....... bam. My save game seems to have corrupted. And the game has failed to autosave every 2 weeks as it was meant to. My last game is in November. A solid Sunday of play gone. Fuck this piece of shit.

It replicates the Sunderland season so far.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

Quote from: Zoupa on November 15, 2016, 08:09:02 PM
Bought RimWorld, just on impulse on steam, had never heard of it.

Holy shit guys. Take a look at it if you like base building, X-Com style. It's awesome.

Rimworld is hilariously grim and unforgiving. It sucks you in and then shits all over you.

It's great.  :lol:

FunkMonk

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 15, 2016, 08:17:54 PM
Quote from: Tyr on November 15, 2016, 01:45:19 PM

It replicates the Sunderland season so far.

OH SNAP

11B4V

Anyone played Graviteam's Mius Front?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

lol is that a shell?

Looks like another IGO-UGO Combat Mission, though

Syt

Graviteam's main draw is that battles are dynamically generated from an operational map, so you have to think beyond the current encounter. My main complaints are that the battle maps are usually huge with only a handful of units on them (which may or may not be realistic) and a UI that was designed by aliens.

Their add ons cover some interesting scenarios, like Namibia in the 80s, Afghanistan 1979, and the usual Eastern Front stuff.

Review of the original title when it was still Paradox published: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/12/06/wot-i-think-achtung-panzer-operation-star/
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".