The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 22, 2016, 08:29:37 AM
Battlefield 1: 

Pros: SP mode is deep and gorgeous for a change
Cons: Multiplayer Hardcore "Coming Soon"

Verdict:  Whiny ass carebear autistics that can't deal with being shot by other people without knowing where the bullet came from finally get their dicks sucked by EA, and can play by themselves all they want forever and ever.  Congrats, everybody-gets-a-ribbon faggots.

Hay Seedy:

You think 8 and 7 year olds can handle this game? Seriously.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

It's not only more graphic than the others, but there's an actual emphasis on demonstrating to the player exactly how futile combat was in that war.

For instance, there's a Single Player mode that introduces all the elements in the game to you--and every time you die, after the cut scene they display the name and age of an actual casualty of that war.  Bit of a bummer, but makes its point.

I would not consider it age-appropriate for that particular bracket, no.

Ed Anger

Thanks.

I guess we keep playing NHL and see who can injure the most players during a game. OVECHKIN SMASH

CountDeMoney

I would highly recommend it for Daddy, though. 

Ed Anger

I just might get it. It's been over a year since I played any real multiplayer. Might be time to return to being a dick.

Syt

Played a bit of Battlefield 1 yesterday. It's my first BF game.

Liked the intro mission. It was poignant as CdM said. And some sections made me feel a bit uncomfortable, like machine gunning down retreating soldiers with the tank MG.

Played some MP and it quickly turns to WW1 themed fantasy. I do get the annoying DirectX error that many people eported, so I might still opt for a refund.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Syt

I've just previously not been very interested in online MP shooters.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

I have never played a BF game either...

Josquius

Same.
I played the first a little to try it out but...meh.
There was a time way back when where I played DoD and TFC way too much. Not keen to get back into that.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Ok guys you can go out on the left and leave your gamer credentials behind. Thank you.

celedhring

I have dabbled in online shooters, but never got interested enough in them to play most of the famous titles out there.

frunk

I don't think I've played more than a couple hours of any shooter since Doom 2.

Syt

I will say, though, that BF1 looks very pretty, even on medium settings.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

Massive Chalice. Stupid name. Main mechanic doesn't work as well as expected. But fun.
██████
██████
██████