News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 16, 2016, 08:12:07 PM
But will millennials know the vital difference between clips and magazines?  :mad:

If they don't, basecop will be very angry.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Basecop angry.  Basecop smash.  Oooh, is that a new delivery menu?

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 16, 2016, 07:51:19 PM
I just think it's hilarious that EA initially rejected the premise because they were concerned that ignorant dumbassfuck Millennials with their gnat-sized attention spans that didn't pay attention in school because they were too busy snapchatting pics of each others' dicks didn't know about WW1.  Hilarious, and quite sad.

Snapchat didn'the exist when I was in school. Also the article notes that they were worried people might not know about it - not that people didn't actually. :rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I still find it sad/hilarious that France, the main combatant on the Western Front for the Allies, will be available as DLC instead if being included from the start.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Is this pillars of eternity much good?
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 17, 2016, 01:54:13 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 16, 2016, 07:51:19 PM
I just think it's hilarious that EA initially rejected the premise because they were concerned that ignorant dumbassfuck Millennials with their gnat-sized attention spans that didn't pay attention in school because they were too busy snapchatting pics of each others' dicks didn't know about WW1.  Hilarious, and quite sad.

Snapchat didn'the exist when I was in school. Also the article notes that they were worried people might not know about it - not that people didn't actually. :rolleyes:

OK, so I editorialized my click bait.  People get paid to do that, you know.

garbon

Are you getting paid to post on Languish?

Also my complaint was about your editorial
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

I get paid in rainbows and daisies, cunt.

And fuck your complaint, you cunty cuntfuck.

garbon

That must keep you in rather trim shape.

celedhring

Any thoughts on Tyranny? I loved Pillars of Eternity and wondering whether to get this on opening day or not... I fancy a good RPG. However, it looks a bit too similar engine-wise to PoE. If it's broke don't fix it and all that, but the combat was a bit dull - my only complain about that game.

CountDeMoney

Battlefield 1: 

Pros: SP mode is deep and gorgeous for a change
Cons: Multiplayer Hardcore "Coming Soon"

Verdict:  Whiny ass carebear autistics that can't deal with being shot by other people without knowing where the bullet came from finally get their dicks sucked by EA, and can play by themselves all they want forever and ever.  Congrats, everybody-gets-a-ribbon faggots. 

Razgovory

Quote from: celedhring on October 17, 2016, 03:25:13 PM
Any thoughts on Tyranny? I loved Pillars of Eternity and wondering whether to get this on opening day or not... I fancy a good RPG. However, it looks a bit too similar engine-wise to PoE. If it's broke don't fix it and all that, but the combat was a bit dull - my only complain about that game.

Not out yet.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Bethesda have decreed that they will only distribute review copies of their games to media outlets one day before release at most. https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/10/26/bethesda-outline-anti-consumer-review-policy/

All the more reason to wait for their games to hit the bargain shelf and then decide whether or not to buy on the general consensus that has formed by this point.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.