News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

It is interesting to me that all reviews I see of space games now feature a mention of/comparison to Stellaris.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

So, I decided to be honest with myself an uninstall all games in my steam library that I know I won't play. 120 Gb freed in total  :blush:

Syt

Titan Quest had an anniversary edition released. I picked it up for cheap. I gave it a fair try, but quit after over 20 hours (I just made it to Egypt). It just feels very dull and slow and badly paced.

Grim Dawn (by largely the same team) was also on sale on GOG, and I'm enjoying it A LOT more.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Weird shit Steam recommends: http://store.steampowered.com/app/531190/

QuoteOn September 1939,
The biggest war in the history, WWII broke out.
You are a commander of Soviet Union Independent Girl Brigades.
Fight over 5 years battle against Nazi, and bring Victory to the mother country!
Урааааааааааааа!!!

Hardcore SLG, user friendly RPG and Dating Sim are combined into one Tactical RPG!
Eastern Front with huge battlefield and Various weapons are expressed by cute pixel arts.
In tactilal phase, develop strategy, purchase weapons, and train officers.
In the battle phase, command units according to the various elements, Stealth and Search, Zone Of Control, Direction, Air support etc...

8 cute and sexy characteristic heroines.
Voices by Japanese voice actress.
About 70 existent weapons!
T-34, Mosin-Nagant, Katyusha, etc...
About 20 Maps!
Maps are based on famous battles in Eastern Front, such as Battle of Moscow, Battle of Kursk, etc...
School Phase between chapters.
Heroines teache you Russian History, Weapon, and miscellaneous knowledges about Russia.
Comedy story, that fools hell of the war!
Adjustable difficulty.
BGMs are arranged Russian martial songs.
About 15 hours total playtime (till the 1st ending).
Additional maps and Addtioanl challenges.
Support gamepad.
FREE TO PLAY.
No charge from game start till ending.

*1 All the characters in this game are older than leagal drinking age!
*2 This game supports only Japanese language at the morment.
*3 This game cntains some Mature Contents(service scenes).

Why yes, I was looking for a dating sim/wargame set on the Eastern Front.  :wacko:

:lol: :bleeding:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

I had noticed that you can import saved games in the Witcher.  So I played through the first one again and will start the second one soon.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

The fuck kind of bubblegum teenybopper whack-off material is that

Drakken

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 03, 2016, 10:22:16 PM
The fuck kind of bubblegum teenybopper whack-off material is that

It says that all characters are above legal drinking age, which is admittedly perplexing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Syrian Warfare is coming to Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/485980

QuoteAbout This Game
This war has been going on for a long time, and it's hard to say when it will be over. We got so used to it that news from Syria has become trivial. We've even already forgotten how it all started, and where the roots of the terrible terror lie – the terror that swept across Europe in recent years.

Syria is all over the news, and it's become a subject of many documentaries. We, however, want to show the story through the lens of the game and don't let the word "game" mislead you. This game does not claim to be a history lesson, but it shows the course of the war in all its seriousness through the major milestones, from the first days till the latest important victories over terror.
What kind of a game is it?

-Syrian Warfare is a real time strategy with a high degree of realism. This game is not about a base construction or units production. The player will have to determine their forces characteristics before they go into action. And during the mission, they would be able to select reinforcements in order to support the troopers.

-The troops and machinery crews move from mission to mission and gain experience, which helps them increase their effectiveness.

-Trophies captured by the player on the battlefield can be used throughout the whole campaign.

- Importantly enough, there are no «life bars» for vehicles in the game. Damages are calculated by taking into account the protection module and the power of adverse factors. Inflicted damages affect the functioning of the module.

- In the battlefield, it is impossible to repair the armor, but one can repair the modules by using a limited stock of spare parts. Ammunition and fuel are also limited.

- A system of high-quality physical demolition of buildings and other objects is used in the game (it does not only look spectacular, but it has a serious influence on the tactics during the missions, especially in urban areas).

- The game has a wide set of tactical possibilities: The storming of buildings, usage of smokescreens, infantry lift by helicopters and APC/IFV, air strike calls, capturing of trophy weapons and equipment, usage of heat flares and active defense complexes.
- And of course the story itself. We will try to show the conflict, not from a point of view of a general, located somewhere at the 'top'. No, it will be a story of a man, who lived in the country that descended into hell. A story of struggle, loss and regained hope.

Gee, I wonder who the good guys will be:

EDIT: Actually, here's a quote from the devs on the Steam forums:

QuoteDo some research. Russia wasn't part of the coalition which democratized Iraq and Libya.
But is not the point. I answered for trolling about "Assad or we burn the country". Yes, we support legitimate authority against jihadists and "moderate rebels". Recent examples of Iraq and Libya show the fate of the countries without "dictators" demonized by the west democratic countries.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Whereas Syria is in so much better shape than Iraq and Libya  :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Alcibiades

Quote from: Razgovory on October 03, 2016, 10:13:00 PM
I had noticed that you can import saved games in the Witcher.  So I played through the first one again and will start the second one soon.

Not really worth it, get a set of gear for the early game you will end up replacing, and I think I read transporting from 2>3 does almost nothing if I read correctly.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

CountDeMoney

Battlefield 1 release date is Tuesday. :ph34r:

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 16, 2016, 07:24:03 PM
Battlefield 1 release date is Tuesday. :ph34r:

Sure, there is exchanging realism for gameplay, but there is CAS zeppelins?   :rolleyes:

CountDeMoney

Tonitrus

But will millennials know the vital difference between clips and magazines?  :mad: