Younger than 35 - no
24 (40.7%)
Like Jaron, I never rode a bike as a kid
2 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Admiral Yi

viper37

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 21, 2012, 10:44:32 PM
Fuck, we used to jump fire ditches, make 6' ramps at construction sites, and generally do shit with bikes, wood and cinder blocks that would make a Soccer Mom today pass out with ocular hemorrhages.

And no, no bicycle helmets.
about the same here :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Siege

Quote from: 11B4V on June 22, 2012, 01:26:38 AM
What's up with the Jaron Option,  Mexicans dont ride bikes? They steal them, so they should know how to ride them.

They also steal Rayban sunglasses, and that doens't mean they know how to wear them.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

lustindarkness

35 or older - no

I was run over by a car on the way to school (10th grade) and all I had was road rash.
it gets better: I had a test that day so I asked the lady that almost killed me to take my bike back home and drive me to school. Turs out she lived close and her daughter went to school close to mine, she gave me a ride to school for almost the whole school year until I fixed my bike.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

garbon

I selected the last option as I can't really ride a bike but I'll say that yes many peeps were wearing helmets. Yay for the 90s.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on June 22, 2012, 03:56:34 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 22, 2012, 03:54:40 PM
Quote from: The Brain on June 22, 2012, 03:50:45 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 22, 2012, 02:03:44 PM
I can't really ride a bike

Shocker.

Why would I want to?

Why wouldn't you? See, two can play that game.

Because bicycles are unnecessary? Here in the city they are pretty dangerous. If I want to get somewhere slowly I can walk and if I want to get somewhere quickly, I can drive my car.  Cars are also preferable for when I want run someone over.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on June 22, 2012, 04:00:11 PM
Quote from: The Brain on June 22, 2012, 03:56:34 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 22, 2012, 03:54:40 PM
Quote from: The Brain on June 22, 2012, 03:50:45 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 22, 2012, 02:03:44 PM
I can't really ride a bike

Shocker.

Why would I want to?

Why wouldn't you? See, two can play that game.

Because bicycles are unnecessary? Here in the city they are pretty dangerous. If I want to get somewhere slowly I can walk and if I want to get somewhere quickly, I can drive my car.  Cars are also preferable for when I want run someone over.

Your parents let you drive the car around town when you were little?

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on June 22, 2012, 04:02:42 PM

Our house wasn't really near anything in town*. If I wanted to go somewhere, I cajoled my parents into driving me. :)

*I was late to work once in my teens as there were cows loose on the road and then further down the street, hay bales had fallen off a truck.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on June 22, 2012, 04:04:45 PM
Quote from: The Brain on June 22, 2012, 04:02:42 PM

Our house wasn't really near anything in town. If I wanted to go somewhere, I cajoled my parents into driving me. :)

:)

PRC

Over 35 and did not wear a helmet when riding a bike as a kid except for when a friends Mom saw us doing jumps on our BMXs and she made us wear her husbands motorcycle helmets.

CountDeMoney

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?