35 or older - no
28 (47.5%)
Younger than 35 - no
24 (40.7%)
Like Jaron, I never rode a bike as a kid
2 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 59

alfred russel

Inspired by a picture of a kid without a helmet in another thread--which looks a bit odd now. But there was one kid on my block growing up that wore a helmet, and he caught some beatings and grief for it. His parents probably didn't realize that helmet put him more at risk of a head injury.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

dps

Darn it.  Hit the wrong thing and voted "35 or older--yes" by mistake.  Should be "35 or older--no".  Heck, modern-type bike helmets weren't even commercially available AFAIK when I was a little kid.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on June 21, 2012, 09:39:51 PM
Darn it.  Hit the wrong thing and voted "35 or older--yes" by mistake.  Should be "35 or older--no". 

I reset the poll to allow voters to change their vote.  Because I want a straight "35 or older--no" run on the table.  :P

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 21, 2012, 09:44:48 PM
Quote from: dps on June 21, 2012, 09:39:51 PM
Darn it.  Hit the wrong thing and voted "35 or older--yes" by mistake.  Should be "35 or older--no". 

I reset the poll to allow voters to change their vote.  Because I want a straight "35 or older--no" run on the table.  :P

Cool.

11B4V

The answer: No, no, no are you fucking kidding. Wearing a bike helmet in the -70's and very early '80's would get your ass pummeled.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Monoriu

My hometown is too small for bicycles. 

Neil

Fuck no.  That's the sort of thing a homo would do.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Tonitrus

Nowadays only white people wear helmets(or the spandex)...or ride bikes where their knees don't go higher than their butts for that matter. 

jimmy olsen

Turn 30 in August and no. Though if I were to buy a bicycle now I would.

The vast majority of Korean kids do not.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Maximus

No one would have gotten beaten up for being strange -- we weren't troglodytes -- but it would have made you a laughingstock.

Tonitrus

I didn't as a kid, but I do know.

And the woman I crashed into, and landed on top of, back in Alaska was fortunate to have been.

CountDeMoney

Fuck, we used to jump fire ditches, make 6' ramps at construction sites, and generally do shit with bikes, wood and cinder blocks that would make a Soccer Mom today pass out with ocular hemorrhages.

And no, no bicycle helmets.

Barrister

I of course voted 35+ and no.

But times change.  My kid is 2.  He wears a bike helmet when he pushes (not pedals :() his tricycle around.  Once he starts on a two-wheeler, I want to get one again - and I'll wear a bike helmet too.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

When I was 5 or so yeah. Most of the time no.
██████
██████
██████