News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

More Virgin Queens

Started by Delirium, June 17, 2012, 04:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Also, a plea to everyone.

Did your move affect the number of Protestant spaces?  If so, change the number of Protestant spaces in CB and ACTS instead of forcing someone else to recount them for you.

Beets.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

I changed it in CB, hadn't finished up in ACTS i swear!

Of course i have wrong amount in CB, ugh i'm going back to bed :lol:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

I need more sleep, too.  I edited my explanation post three times to get it right.  Ugh.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Quote from: Habbaku on July 01, 2012, 01:41:07 PMDel posted his move; it's off to Szmik now.

Quote from: szmik on June 29, 2012, 04:02:56 PMEnglish passing for the turn.

Scratch that, head to Paris instead.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

Sent a file with my builds for the past two impulses. Garbon is up.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

garbon

Quote#24: 5 / Holy League

Message from France:
Disturbed by reports of Ottoman aggression in the Mediterranean, the Pope calls for a holy league.
French gain 4 influence with the Papacy. Dip status check for Papacy and Venice.

Papacy:
Spain - 1 + 1 = 2
France - 3 + 4 = 7
HRE - 2 + 0 = 2

Venice:
Spain - 1 + 0 = 1
France - 3 + 2 = 5
HRE - 3 + 0 = 3
Ottoman - 1 + 3 = 4

A bit overly enthusiastic, France secures both the Papacy and Venice as allies.

France extends impulse with 4 CP treasure.

1-2/4 Suppress Heresy in France
Rouen converts.

3-4/4 - raise 1 regular in Rouen.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Habbaku

Might I suggest using your home card for conversions, Kat?  The Frogs could use a little unrest in their territory...

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

garbon

Quote from: garbon on June 28, 2012, 11:22:42 AM
Quote from: Delirium on June 28, 2012, 11:07:05 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 28, 2012, 08:17:37 AMWhy? My attempts to hold on Scotland are simply as a CP-sink for England (I've currently expended 1 cp!) If he'd taken it, that would fufill my ambitions. :D

The fact that it keeps you within two keys of auto-victory surely has nothing to do with it. :smarty:

Without some sort of merc granting response event, almost a given that England takes Edinburgh in Turn 1.  Besides, Scotland will certainly have a dip check either this turn or next.

Also now that I've played it - I also wasn't so keen on keeping Edinburgh as I thought I had a high chance of an auto-win victory this turn. That didn't seem like much fun.

Now instead I'm just over-extended. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: katmai on July 01, 2012, 11:05:58 PM
:whistle:

Meanwhile, the Protestants close out a rather lackluster turn with little to their credit...

katmai

Who said my turn was over. :huh:

Habbaku

Sol's up, regardless, ladies.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: katmai on July 01, 2012, 11:11:09 PM
Who said my turn was over. :huh:

That was my commentary on your turn should you use your homecard like Habs suggested. :P

Solmyr

Quote#70: 3 / Tridentine Catechism

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
Take 8 Catholic Conversion attempts that can affect spaces in any two Religious Struggle Areas (even areas that your power can not usually affect with its actions). The first die is automatically a "6"; the rest are rolled randomly.

Denied spreading his offspring in England, Charles II decides to spread his faith instead.

Request: 6-sided die x 7

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
First die is a 6, 7 more rolled.

2 major conversions, 4 minor: first convert York with a 6, then London with another 6, then Carlisle/Shrewsbury/Lincoln/Norwich.