News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

More Virgin Queens

Started by Delirium, June 17, 2012, 04:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote2 / Muscovy Company
Place a "+1 Card" marker on your power card. You draw 1 extra card next turn (representing new revenues from trade with Muscovy).
And updated file with Sol and my actions sent out.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Solmyr

You ignored the French file (which was already numbered 13), where they placed the wedding festivities marker.

katmai

Quote from: Solmyr on June 28, 2012, 02:49:00 PM
You ignored the French file (which was already numbered 13), where they placed the wedding festivities marker.

Ah you are right, hadn't dl'd it. will send a correct file.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Delirium

My play will be up shortly.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

Quote#21: 5 / Foreign Volunteers

Message from Ottoman:
1/5 Build corsair in Scutari.
2/5 Move all fleets to Adriatic Sea.
3-4/5 Piracy in Adriatic

QuoteRequest: 6-sided die x 5

Message from Ottoman:
First die is Ravenna fortress, rest is Dragut's four dice

What do you know. Seems like 2 vp and a card for Dragut's efforts.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

Quote5/5 Move fleet back to Ionian

File coming. Spain will be out of cards so England is up.

Habbaku

Hard to beat dice like that.  Anyone have Dragut Falls, by chance?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Quote from: Habbaku on June 28, 2012, 04:22:34 PM
Hard to beat dice like that.  Anyone have Dragut Falls, by chance?

Not that I have it, but it could still be canceled with Grand Vizier, right?

Delirium

QuoteGrand Vizier: If played to cancel an event, play it after the event is declared but before it is resolved. Can not be used to cancel Mandatory Events, Combat cards, Response cards, or Home cards.

Unfortunately, no, according to this Card FAQ towards the end of the Scenario Book (and on close reading the Vizier card actually says "any one Event card as an event"). Dragut Falls, as well as several other nasty events are in fact Response cards...  :(

Delirium

First of all, England is still up.

Secondly, didn't Habs forget to draw a treasure at setup?

Solmyr

Quote from: Delirium on June 29, 2012, 05:59:39 AM
QuoteGrand Vizier: If played to cancel an event, play it after the event is declared but before it is resolved. Can not be used to cancel Mandatory Events, Combat cards, Response cards, or Home cards.

Unfortunately, no, according to this Card FAQ towards the end of the Scenario Book (and on close reading the Vizier card actually says "any one Event card as an event"). Dragut Falls, as well as several other nasty events are in fact Response cards...  :(

Okay. Can Grand Vizier cancel mandatory events?

Delirium

Read the faq text again.  ;)

Habbaku

Quote from: Delirium on June 29, 2012, 06:06:43 AM
First of all, England is still up.

Secondly, didn't Habs forget to draw a treasure at setup?

Yeah, I forgot that Spain starts with one.  I'll draw one and play it real quick (assuming it was played with my home card play and likely doing something innocuous with it).
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Turned out to be the science bonus chit, which makes things pretty easy.  :yeah:

Spain gets Coastal Fortifications.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium