News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

More Virgin Queens

Started by Delirium, June 17, 2012, 04:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: katmai on June 27, 2012, 12:14:24 PM
Yeah i wasn't realizing it could be across the Sea to foreign ports, mea culpa. Oh and if my move is valid I'll tackle the CB updating my moves and send it to Del.

Totally valid.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Alright so flip those three,
change the amount of protestant spaces in CB and ACTS
anything else i'm forgetting?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Solmyr

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Quote#62: 3 / Northwest Passage

Message from Ottoman:
1-2/3 Piracy in Ionian Sea.

Anti-pirates first score two for two. Reading the rules they seem to kill first a corsair and then a regular galley with the odd hit. Ouch. Dragut then scores one hit, so up to Spain to settle on a reward. I need to defer play of my final cp until then.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

I'll sink my remaining galley.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Last cp spent to influence the doge in Venice to enjoy his neutrality. File coming. Spain up.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

Del, you need to make sure you're loading the previous player's files before doing your move, else we're going to have trouble going forward...

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Sorry about the delay, but I'm going to have to delay again to offer something to both Garbon and Szmik.

I have German Recruitment Curtailed which will eliminate all the mercenaries from a single space.  I'm willing to play it for either France or England to purge Edinburgh of the other side's troops (in the case of France, it would actually break the siege; in the case of England, just make it much easier to take the city).

Either of you have any offers worth my time?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

France is uninterested.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

szmik

England would offer to marry Elizabeth, but Spain lacks candidates. Not much else to offer at the moment. :sleep:
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Habbaku

Cheap-skates.

QuoteSpain: Message
Home card for CPs :

1-2/5 - Build Galley in Messina.
3-4/5 - Build Galley in Cartagena.
5/5 - Raise a mercenary in Seville.

Szmik's up.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

szmik

Queen prefers to remain virgin for now and sends her sincerest apologies to Emperor. Which is all she offers.

QuoteRequest: 6-sided die x 1

Message from England:
Jilted roll
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Habbaku

:nelson:

This is what you get for gambling, Sol.  Next time, take the guarantee.

-J. R. R. Tolkien