News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

More Virgin Queens

Started by Delirium, June 17, 2012, 04:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

On a different note, I messed around a bit with a more detailed Sequence of Play. Feel free to look at it and comment on any errors or omissions.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

garbon

Your SD section seems to be out of order. The actual SD part of moving troops from capital occurs last, I believe.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Quote from: Delirium on June 27, 2012, 03:46:50 AM
File will have to wait for Phil's decisions.

That doesn't make any sense.  I only have one legal option on my rewards since rewards have to be split equally--you get 1 VP and 1 random card from my hand.

So...I give 1 VP and 1 random card from my hand.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Regardless, when the pirate scum sail into the Ionian Sea, the holy fleet will sally out to meet them.  With some assistance, of course :

QuoteSpain: Play Card as Operations
#14: 1 / Signal Fires [RESPONSE]

Message from Spain:
We will fight the Ottoman scourge when they sail into the Ionian Sea.

Play just before attempting an intercept roll with a stack of your naval units currently in one of your home ports. The intercept automatically succeeds. Roll 2 extra dice in the naval battle that ensues.

QuoteSpain: Play Card as Event
#9: 1 / Fire Ships [COMBAT]

Message from Spain:
Gain 2 extra dice in a naval combat. Increase this number to 4 extra dice if attacking an enemy fleet in a port space or if fighting against the Spanish Armada.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

The ensuing battle predictably goes against Spain, though.

1 Papal and 1 Spanish squadron sunk.  1 Ottoman corsair sunk.  Spanish galley retreats to Messina.

Spanish play :

QuoteSpain: Play Card as Event
#30: 3 / Ruler Falls Ill

Message from Spain:
Play against any other major power. Choose to have that power either: -- discard one card (chosen at random), or -- skip his next impulse and allow you to return one of his army leaders to his capital (or another home fortified space he chooses if the capital is under siege or controlled by another power).

Event, force the Ottomans to discard a card.

Del needs to discard a card.

Off to Szmik to play.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Question, when you play a response card, can you have it occur before a person's stated impulse action occurs - even if the card doesn't say to play it then?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Yes, though it obviously depends on the response card in question.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

szmik

QuoteEngland: Play Card as Operations

#19: 3 / Diplomatic Miscue

Message from England:
1/3 2r2m to Edinburgh
then if not interrupted
3/3 build Galeon in Berwick

English move
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

garbon

Okay here's my card - hopefully I'm doing this right as else I would have played after Habs's move.

Quote#13: 1 / Reiters [RESPONSE]

If played by Ottomans, they eliminate 2 mercenaries anywhere on map. If played by any other power, place 2 of your power's mercenaries in any single space. Space chosen must be under friendly control but it does not have to be a home space for your power. You may increase it to 4 mercenaries if the space chosen is no more than 2 land connections from a home space of the Holy Roman Empire. [FAQ: Space chosen may not be under siege or in unrest.]

Message from France:
2 mercs pop into Edinburgh before English arrive. Everyone runs inside.

Habbaku

There's nothing preventing you from playing that even during the English play, Garbon, so you're fine.

The sequence would go like so :

English announce card play.
English announce what they're using their CPs for.  "Move X troops to Edinburgh."
France plays response card to send Reiters.
English troops actually arrive, besiege Edinburgh.

Now it's to France to play their impulse card.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Quote from: Habbaku on June 27, 2012, 09:01:23 AM
That doesn't make any sense.  I only have one legal option on my rewards since rewards have to be split equally--you get 1 VP and 1 random card from my hand.

I know, I was talking about a, a possible response card (eg Storms), and b, whether to fight a battle in Ionian.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Solmyr

Quote from: Habbaku on June 27, 2012, 09:37:59 AM

Any moment now...

garbon

Quote from: Solmyr on June 27, 2012, 10:01:54 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on June 27, 2012, 09:37:59 AM

Any moment now...

Oh I'm sorry, some of us have things called work.

garbon

Oh and I'll put szmik's impulse into my file.

Solmyr