Main Menu

Citizen Soldiers

Started by Siege, May 08, 2009, 12:51:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: syk on May 09, 2009, 05:45:12 AM
Quote from: Siege on May 08, 2009, 02:33:36 AM
Quote from: Syt on May 08, 2009, 02:19:43 AM
I was a citizen soldier thanks to conscription (or "citizens in uniform" as we call them in Germany). Do you respect me?  :)

Of course I do.

I ask no more than to do your duty for your country.

If your country is on my side of The Long War, of course.
Cool, do the 15 months of civil service in a kindergarten for physically and mentally challenged kids I did as a conscientious objector count as well then?

Knowing Siege it will make you worse than a communist gay muslim. :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

I was a citizen soldier thanks to conscription (or "citizens in uniform" as we call them in Germany). Do you respect me?  :)

Of course I do.

Cool, do the 15 months of civil service in a kindergarten for physically and mentally challenged kids I did as a conscientious objector count as well then?

Surely you've been on Languish longer than 15 months?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Cerr

Quote from: The Brain on May 09, 2009, 06:51:10 AM

Of course I do.

:lol:

Strix

What is a councious? And how do you call to it?
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

syk

Quote from: The Brain on May 09, 2009, 06:51:10 AM

Of course I do.

:lol:
Quote from: Strix on May 09, 2009, 08:29:23 AM
What is a councious? And how do you call to it?
In Germany you can object to the mandatory military service for conscientious reasons. You need to send in a CV and a letter stating your reasons why you possibly couldn't do a military service. These reasons can be all sorts of things. I bet thou shalt not kill and other matters of faith are regulary used for that. Maybe personal reasons like traumas from being exposed to violence or whatever. I wrote mine the day after watching Stalingrad and even used it as a reason for it as it gave me the pictures to the stories my grandpa used to tell me when I was little. Well that and a few other more personal things like rather doing something meaningful instead of joining the Bundeswehr in 1994 with the biggest threat being a Polish invasion.
This letter goes to a few judges who are then deciding if you are accepted and can do a civil service instead (which is typically longer than the military service, for me it was 15 instead of 12 months.) In case your statements suck too much you'd have to go to a hearing to clarify your statement, with a good possibility to be drafted after all.

Ed Anger

Quotewith the biggest threat being a Polish invasion.

Yeah, drop your guard. Do you want a wave of Marti's invading the Fatherland?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

syk

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 09, 2009, 09:06:49 AM
Quotewith the biggest threat being a Polish invasion.

Yeah, drop your guard. Do you want a wave of Marti's invading the Fatherland?
They'd want just the same as the Russians, reach Cologne as quick as they can.  :lol:

Ed Anger

Strix

Quote from: syk on May 09, 2009, 09:02:28 AM
In Germany you can object to the mandatory military service for conscientious reasons. You need to send in a CV and a letter stating your reasons why you possibly couldn't do a military service. These reasons can be all sorts of things. I bet thou shalt not kill and other matters of faith are regulary used for that. Maybe personal reasons like traumas from being exposed to violence or whatever. I wrote mine the day after watching Stalingrad and even used it as a reason for it as it gave me the pictures to the stories my grandpa used to tell me when I was little. Well that and a few other more personal things like rather doing something meaningful instead of joining the Bundeswehr in 1994 with the biggest threat being a Polish invasion.
This letter goes to a few judges who are then deciding if you are accepted and can do a civil service instead (which is typically longer than the military service, for me it was 15 instead of 12 months.) In case your statements suck too much you'd have to go to a hearing to clarify your statement, with a good possibility to be drafted after all.

Pst...I was making fun of his spelling.  <_<
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

syk

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 09, 2009, 09:12:33 AM
I weep for Germany.
Ah well, as a nurse I'd be drafted to work in a military hospital anyways. And the biggest threat to national security are retards. Been fighting on that front since 1995.

Ed Anger

Quote from: syk on May 09, 2009, 09:23:52 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 09, 2009, 09:12:33 AM
I weep for Germany.
Ah well, as a nurse I'd be drafted to work in a military hospital anyways. And the biggest threat to national security are retards. Been fighting on that front since 1995.

I was talking about the homo flag. THEY ARE EVERYWHERE.  :P

Iormlund

Ed Anger

Quote from: Iormlund on May 09, 2009, 09:34:53 AM
Not in Iran. :cool:

Persia will hold back the tide. Unless Greeks lead it.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

sbr