Israel to put 50,000 Africans in detention camps

Started by jimmy olsen, June 15, 2012, 12:24:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on June 15, 2012, 07:07:02 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on June 15, 2012, 01:41:17 AM
(As you might imagine given the gendered language, Yishai doesn't have particularly enlightened ideas about women either).

No words. :([/quote]

Jews in general don't really have enlightened ideas about women, period.  Ever met a female Jewish family-owned business owner?  Think about it.  No, you haven't.

CountDeMoney

QuoteYishai said he estimated a further 6,000 may have sneaked across the border from Egypt undetected.

That should be the most alarming fact.  IDFail.  Christ, it's not like they're defending the Rio Grande.  The border ain't that fucking big.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 15, 2012, 07:08:40 AM
Quote from: katmai on June 15, 2012, 07:05:07 AM
And Seedy says he's a friend of the community, tsk, tsk.

My community ain't Djibouti, babe.

Mine is, have a family of six living in corner house of the block :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on June 15, 2012, 07:13:51 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 15, 2012, 07:08:40 AM
Quote from: katmai on June 15, 2012, 07:05:07 AM
And Seedy says he's a friend of the community, tsk, tsk.

My community ain't Djibouti, babe.

Mine is, have a family of six living in corner house of the block :P

I bet dinnertime smells really spicy-like, too.  :P

katmai

With all the cumin, chipotle and mexican oregano i use, you bet your ass it does.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

lol

That would be the absolute only reason to get hitched with an ethnic chick, like a Latino:  bitch gotta be able to cook.

Josquius

Yeah...deporting Eritrians...that will so end well for them.
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Rather than camps, I think they should just "resettle" them in the east.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Viking

Quote from: garbon on June 15, 2012, 07:06:44 AM
Quote from: Viking on June 15, 2012, 04:19:54 AM
I'm sorry but jews rounding up people and putting them in camps is just not right. If any group with a racial or cultural memory should know not to do this it is them.

Sounds like a poorly managed (operationally and PR-wise) detention and deportation scheme.

Lieberman and his ilk don't seem to have the Jewish sensibility we have grown used to and come to love. They are russians through and through.

This is a problem for all European countries. Israel is under considerably more stress than norway or belgium; but seriously; they don't do this to Palestinian prisoners, why do it to Refugees?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

DGuller

Unfortunately, a significant share of Russian Jews are fascist, and subconsciously they regard Holocaust as evil not because genocide is evil, but because killing people like them is evil.  That goes for Russian Jews both in Israel and in US.

Malthus

Quote from: Viking on June 15, 2012, 08:46:45 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 15, 2012, 07:06:44 AM
Quote from: Viking on June 15, 2012, 04:19:54 AM
I'm sorry but jews rounding up people and putting them in camps is just not right. If any group with a racial or cultural memory should know not to do this it is them.

Sounds like a poorly managed (operationally and PR-wise) detention and deportation scheme.

Lieberman and his ilk don't seem to have the Jewish sensibility we have grown used to and come to love. They are russians through and through.

This is a problem for all European countries. Israel is under considerably more stress than norway or belgium; but seriously; they don't do this to Palestinian prisoners, why do it to Refugees?

In most countries, illegal immigrants get deported. There is no excuse for that minister's casual racism, but generally speaking every country in the world attempts to prevent illegal immigration, and a casual glance at the map will show why Israel is concerned about illegal immigration from the desperately poor bits of Africa. It is a lot easier for an African wishing to flee poverty to get to Israel than to, say, Norway. They can walk. Indeed, you more or less must cross through Israel if you want to walk out of Africa. It's the natural route.   

Israel doesn't deport their Palestinian population for the very good reason that the Palestinians in Israel are not illegal immigrants, but citizens. The Jewsh Israelis may not get along with them, there pay be all sorts of communial tensions, but they are not similarly situated. If Israel started to deport Palestinians it would cause a lot more outrage than deporting illegal immigrants from Africa, which is something every country in the world would also do.

To my mind, aside from the minsiter's appalling racism, this isn't much of a story.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

Zombie FDR is disappoint. Concentration camp inmates should be citizens.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on June 15, 2012, 09:24:24 AM
To my mind, aside from the minsiter's appalling racism, this isn't much of a story.

Yeah that's what I meant with my comment.  Story seems more motivate by racism of the minister / the fun of bashing on Israel. The US certainly can't talk about detention and deportation of illegal aliens.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PDH

Eritreans are a regal and noble people, staffing DIA and doing all sorts of wonderful jobs there.  Plus, their melanin will be needed in the gene pool as the globe warms.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Malthus on June 15, 2012, 09:24:24 AM

Eritrea is a totalitarian nightmare of epic proportions. It would be more humane to actually keep them in an Israeli prison camp.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point