And we're back!

Main Menu

Positive Black Role Models

Started by garbon, June 14, 2012, 01:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

http://news.yahoo.com/chris-brown-drake-brawl-nyc-nightclub-154502813.html

QuoteChris Brown, Drake brawl in NYC nightclub

New York City police are investigating an early morning Manhattan bar brawl involving hip hop stars Drake and Chris Brown.

Police say five people were injured in the fight at club W.I.P. early Thursday morning, where people from both entourages were tossing bottles. Police say the injuries were mostly minor lacerations.

It's not clear what prompted the fight. Both Brown and Drake dated singer Rihanna, but Brown remains on supervised probation for beating her in 2009. Rihanna performed on Drake's hit, "Take Care."

Brown tweeted a photo of himself with a cut chin, then later removed it, as well as other messages about the fight, including epithets and taunts.
Messages for the club and agents for the stars weren't immediately returned. There have been no arrests.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Strix

No one got stabbed or shot, no one died, and no guns involved. I'd say they are pretty good role models for young black males in this country.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

dps

As a general rule, if you're looking for a positive role model, regardless of race or gender, don't look in the music industry.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: dps on June 14, 2012, 02:56:22 PM
As a general rule, if you're looking for a positive role model, regardless of race or gender, don't look in the music industry.

I wanna be like Johnny Cash when I grow up.  :cool:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 14, 2012, 04:24:38 PM
Quote from: dps on June 14, 2012, 02:56:22 PM

I wanna be like Johnny Cash when I grow up.  :cool:

:cool:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Strix on June 14, 2012, 01:53:09 PM
No one got stabbed or shot, no one died, and no guns involved. I'd say they are pretty good role models for young black males in this country.

:lol:

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on June 14, 2012, 01:25:39 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/chris-brown-drake-brawl-nyc-nightclub-154502813.html

QuoteChris Brown, Drake brawl in NYC nightclub

New York City police are investigating an early morning Manhattan bar brawl involving hip hop stars Drake and Chris Brown.

Police say five people were injured in the fight at club W.I.P. early Thursday morning, where people from both entourages were tossing bottles. Police say the injuries were mostly minor lacerations.

It's not clear what prompted the fight. Both Brown and Drake dated singer Rihanna, but Brown remains on supervised probation for beating her in 2009. Rihanna performed on Drake's hit, "Take Care."

Brown tweeted a photo of himself with a cut chin, then later removed it, as well as other messages about the fight, including epithets and taunts.
Messages for the club and agents for the stars weren't immediately returned. There have been no arrests.

Looks like they were fighting over the right to beat popular singer Rihanna.

Perfectly understandable.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Apparently the manager of the club has now been arrested on outstanding warrants for noise violations. Thought is that they want to squeeze him to get knowledge about the brawl. Gotta love the police. :rolleyes:

katmai

QuoteSan Antonio Spurs guard Tony Parker says he suffered a scratched retina on one of his eyes during a New York City nightclub brawl involving singer Chris Brown and members of hip-hop star Drake's entourage.

Parker, wearing dark sunglasses, described the incident Friday in Paris during a news conference posted on YouTube. He said he expects to be sidelined for about a week while the French team prepares for the Summer Olympics.

Parker said he was wearing a ''therapeutic'' contact lens and had to go to an emergency room for treatment after arriving in Paris.

Parker said: ''I was with my friend Chris Brown and me and my friends took some punches, so I'll be missing the start of the French team because I can't do anything for a week except keep the lens in and then take drops.''

Police said Brown, his girlfriend and his bodyguard were among several people injured during the bottle-hurling fight early Thursday at W.i.P in SoHo.

Parker said ''they started throwing bottles everywhere. I don't know what happened. At first it was OK, but then it started getting worse and when the plane landed it was really hurting so I went straight to the ER.''

The Spurs declined comment.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Jaron

At least Chris Brown has moved on to beating up men now.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Scipio

Wow.  Moron runs deep.  Mob Deep.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt