News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Why Are There No European Franchises?

Started by Admiral Yi, May 07, 2009, 11:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Pedrito on May 09, 2009, 05:24:44 PM

And for Pizza Hut, the main reason it never opened in Italy is quite obvious  :P

L.

:lol:

One of the Pizza Hut commercials here is supposedly Italians being fooled and liking their new Tuscani pasta. Knowing the wops like I do, they would take one bite and start gesturing wildly in disgust.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

stjaba

The world's largest chain store is run by a Japanese corporation. Does anyone know what it is? (Without cheating)

alfred russel

Quote from: stjaba on May 09, 2009, 07:12:07 PM
The world's largest chain store is run by a Japanese corporation. Does anyone know what it is? (Without cheating)

7-11, though I don't know who owns it or how they came to own it, or how they run it.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

So a check seems to indicate that 7-11 uses franchises and was an american company rescued by a Japanese company about 20 years ago, leaving them with a majority stake.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Syt

Quote from: Pedrito on May 09, 2009, 05:24:44 PM
And for Pizza Hut, the main reason it never opened in Italy is quite obvious  :P

Dunno, I know Italians from the Rimini region who say that the pizza you get from a few Turkish places here is much better than the "original" at home.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Yeah. Italy isn't known for having great pizzas.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Quote from: The Brain on May 10, 2009, 02:20:31 AM

Piazzas, on the other hand ...
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on May 10, 2009, 02:33:55 AM
Quote from: The Brain on May 10, 2009, 02:20:31 AM

Piazzas, on the other hand ...

Skip the ghetto talk pls.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Larch

Quote from: Alatriste on May 08, 2009, 12:45:03 AMSubway is completely unknown (I just didn't know they existed until I read this thread)

You don't go much to malls, do you?  :P They've been around for years.

The Larch

Quote from: Pedrito on May 09, 2009, 05:24:44 PMAnd for Pizza Hut, the main reason it never opened in Italy is quite obvious  :P

L.

Yet you have Spizzico.  :lol: