As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster

Started by CountDeMoney, June 13, 2012, 09:55:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote'Goodfellas' inspiration, ex-mobster Henry Hill dies at 69
By Kimberly Nordyke, The Hollywood Reporter

Henry Hill, a former mobster-turned-FBI informant whose life became the basis for Martin Scorsese's 1990 movie "Goodfellas," died Tuesday in a L.A. hospital after a long battle with an undisclosed illness, his girlfriend, Lisa, told TMZ. He was 69.

"He had been sick for a long time," she said. "His heart gave out."

Hill, a onetime associate of the Lucchese crime family in New York, was involved in such criminal acts as the Lufthansa heist at John F. Kennedy International Airport in December 1978, during which a then-record $5 million as well as $875,000 in jewels were stolen.

The robbery became the subject of two television films and also played a role in "Goodfellas."

Hill's life was later documented in crime reporter Nicholas Pileggi's 1986 nonfiction book "Wiseguy," which became the basis for "Goodfellas." Ray Liotta portrayed Hill in the movie, which was nominated for a slew of Oscars, including best picture.

Hill later turned into an FBI informant and spent several years under witness protection but was kicked out of the program for committing various crimes.

In more recent years, he became a frequent guest on "The Howard Stern Show," marketed his own spaghetti sauce and opened a restaurant called Wiseguys.

In August, he appeared in an AMC special where he discussed such mob-themed movies as "Goodfellas" and "The Godfather" with other former mobsters. The cable network also is developing a "Goodfellas" TV series.

Caliga

Oh no. :(  That guy was hilarious... heard him on Stern a couple of times.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

Fuck the Italian mob; the Irish Mafia was where it was at.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Drakken

Quote from: grumbler on June 13, 2012, 01:32:00 PM

You mean a bunch of Mick thugs and thiefs in Hell's Kitchen?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Drakken on June 13, 2012, 03:52:54 PM
Quote from: grumbler on June 13, 2012, 01:32:00 PM

You mean a bunch of Mick thugs and thiefs in Hell's Kitchen?

While the Italians do it well-dressed, the Irish do it with a frightening degree of psychotic unpredictability.  And that makes them cooler.

Siege

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 13, 2012, 04:00:37 PM
As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster

I never been able to understand those who are willing to do evil to their own people.
I mean, come on. These are YOUR people. This is YOUR country, and YOUR nation.

And there are so many foreign enemies that need killing.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Siege on June 13, 2012, 04:06:20 PM
I never been able to understand those who are willing to do evil to their own people.

Never met a Jew that wouldn't fuck over another Jew in a heartbeat on Double Coupon Tuesday, so don't give me that shit.

Siege

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 13, 2012, 04:08:51 PM

Never met a Jew that wouldn't fuck over another Jew in a heartbeat on Double Coupon Tuesday, so don't give me that shit.

I'm not just a jew, but an israeli. I have always been willing to fucking DIE for my people, and I can't understand people who aren't.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Tonitrus

Gangsters of all types need to be hunted down and shot like the dogs they are.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Siege on June 13, 2012, 04:18:27 PM
I'm not just a jew, but an israeli. I have always been willing to fucking DIE for my people, and I can't understand people who aren't.

Which is why somebody should've dropped a dime on your foreign ass with fucking Homeland Security, and booted your filthy Israeli ass out of the United States military as a foreign agent provocateur.  Your allegiances lie elsewhere.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 13, 2012, 04:26:16 PM
Gangsters of all types need to be hunted down and shot like the dogs they are.

Unless, of course, they've passed their Series 7 exam.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Neil

Quote from: Siege on June 13, 2012, 04:18:27 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 13, 2012, 04:08:51 PM

And even more to the point, you're willing to enlist in a foreign army and then sell every little bit of knowledge and equipment you can lay your hands on to China, because your allegiance is to Israel, and Israel is an enemy to the West.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on June 15, 2012, 07:36:06 AM
And even more to the point, you're willing to enlist in a foreign army and then sell every little bit of knowledge and equipment you can lay your hands on to China, because your allegiance is to Israel, and Israel is an enemy to the West.

Nah, he's just using the US Constitution and my tax dollars for his own private little race war.  Filthy fucking mercenary. 
At the least, he should be booted out and deported; at the worse, taking the Sabbath at Leavenworth.