If you were going to be trapped on some made up fantasy world which would it be?

Started by Darth Wagtaros, June 12, 2012, 11:33:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lettow77

Quote from: Queequeg on June 14, 2012, 09:22:10 PM
I'd like to not die or be sucked down to the Abyss, thanks.

You mean you are incapable of a chaste relationship? Someone with so little self control is perhaps better suited for an impulsive alley waif after all.

Fall-from-Grace is a refined lady and I would enjoy drinking tea and discussing things with her. Her deliberate restraint and rejection of wanton behaviour is part of her appeal.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

Quote from: Lettow77 on June 14, 2012, 10:14:20 PM
You mean you are incapable of a chaste relationship? Someone with so little self control is perhaps better suited for an impulsive alley waif after all.

Fall-from-Grace is a refined lady and I would enjoy drinking tea and discussing things with her. Her deliberate restraint and rejection of wanton behaviour is part of her appeal.
She really isn't.  She's a creature of the Abyss.  Although she might wear a veneer of refinement, her nature is entirely bestial, formed of chaos and evil.  She's not a mortal with the free will to choose her own path.  She's an fragment of a single ravaging will.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grinning_Colossus

She changed her own nature through extraordinary willpower (after moving to a place where beliefs become reality) - that was the entire thematic point of the character.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Lettow77

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 14, 2012, 11:00:30 PM
You two could be bffs!

Ah, but a restrained relationship of self-denial would be even more rewarding! The more we discuss it, the more I warm to the idea. Yes, Fall-from-Grace is charming.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Neil

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on June 14, 2012, 11:43:19 PM
She changed her own nature through extraordinary willpower (after moving to a place where beliefs become reality) - that was the entire thematic point of the character.
She might play at that.  She might even actually think she has.  Nevertheless, she is of the Abyss, and forever is a very long time.  If you take the chaos and the evil out of the equation, you're left with nothing.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Neil

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on June 15, 2012, 07:50:55 AM
He would be a worshiper of Slaneesh for sure.

I was thinking more along the lines of an inconsequential mouth-breathing servitor in the bowels of a Rogue Trader's vessel, constantly beaten by armsmen and priests as he uncontrollably shits himself and until the Void melts what's left of the organic material that might have once been called his brain.

Yeah.  That's Lettow.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Lettow77 on June 14, 2012, 10:14:20 PM

People are not meant to live a chaste life. There is no moral virtue in it. A person who withholds intimacy from their significant other is doing them a great injustice. It's at the bottom level of Maslow's heirarchy of needs. Right down there with breathing, food and water.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Neil

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 15, 2012, 11:05:25 AM
People are not meant to live a chaste life. There is no moral virtue in it. A person who withholds intimacy from their significant other is doing them a great injustice. It's at the bottom level of Maslow's heirarchy of needs. Right down there with breathing, food and water.
Is it not also natural for people to make virtues of what they have, and to villify that which is kept from them?

CountDeMoney

People are not meant to live a chaste life. There is no moral virtue in it.

Sure there is.

Now, I realize all you over-educated, post-humanist too-smart-assed-for-your-own-good cynical fuckwheats blithely dismiss the concept of ecclesiastical celibacy, but that doesn't make it any less important in its historical context in the symbolism of aspiring from the mere existence of man to that of divinity. 

If anything, it is the most virtuous of all virtues.  Fucking pagan.

Malthus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 15, 2012, 12:36:52 PM
People are not meant to live a chaste life. There is no moral virtue in it.

Sure there is.

Now, I realize all you over-educated, post-humanist too-smart-assed-for-your-own-good cynical fuckwheats blithely dismiss the concept of ecclesiastical celibacy, but that doesn't make it any less important in its historical context in the symbolism of aspiring from the mere existence of man to that of divinity. 

If anything, it is the most virtuous of all virtues.  Fucking pagan.

Odd then that in Christianity your *actual* divinity is into virgins.  :D

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius