If you were going to be trapped on some made up fantasy world which would it be?

Started by Darth Wagtaros, June 12, 2012, 11:33:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Anarchic, free spirits with amazing bodies capable of doing things physically impossible for normals.

Annah. :wub:

Also, not all Planar neings are evil. Aasmirs....
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

ulmont

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 13, 2012, 07:03:30 PM
Judging from the wiki article, I'm not sure how "The Culture" is either plausible or manages to make an interesting setting for fiction. :yeahright:

Read some Banks, then.  The Culture seems plausible for a post-scarcity economy with extremely intelligent AIs.  The fiction tends to focus on the edges of the Culture and their interactions with other civilizations.

Neil

Quote from: Queequeg on June 14, 2012, 10:39:26 AM
Anarchic, free spirits with amazing bodies capable of doing things physically impossible for normals.

Annah. :wub:

Also, not all Planar neings are evil. Aasmirs....
The aasimar aren't as meddlesome as the fiends.  Is your thirst for tiefling waifs so great that you would risk having a soul, and having something terrible happen to it?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 14, 2012, 09:48:06 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 14, 2012, 09:09:53 AM
Because it was horrible drivel!

Oh, I don't disagree; he's not good enough to accept any of his work blindly and expect it to be as good as his earlier pre-1995 works--Sacrament is probably the best of his later works, and even that one was marginal--but he does have his moments of fucked-upedness, and is not afraid to put some really horrific and stomach-turning shit on paper.

Well after that one, I'm afraid I'm unlikely to give him another try.

Actually when reading Coldheart I was like a homosexual must have written this book. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on June 14, 2012, 11:31:38 AM
Well after that one, I'm afraid I'm unlikely to give him another try.

If that was your first book of his, then that is indeed unfortunate.  :lol:

QuoteActually when reading Coldheart I was like a homosexual must have written this book. :blush:

:lol:  Didn't need to do a Wiki to figure that one out.

Siege

Quote from: merithyn on June 13, 2012, 06:40:24 PM
The Dies the Fire Universe, but only if I get to live in the Upper Northwest of America.  :ph34r:

Humm, now this is a good selection.
Being a noble in the Portland Protective Assosiation is better than being a noble in medieval Europe, me thinks.
The Bearkillers are overrated, and the Corvallis Republic is just a hippie commune.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on June 14, 2012, 01:12:16 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 13, 2012, 07:03:30 PM
Judging from the wiki article, I'm not sure how "The Culture" is either plausible or manages to make an interesting setting for fiction. :yeahright:

It's run by infinitely intelligent utilitarian supercomputers that always make the best decisions for everyone involved. Most stories take place on the frontiers of the Culture where it's meddling with primitive societies.

Too much big goverment for my taste.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Lettow77

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

merithyn

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on June 13, 2012, 06:42:16 PM
The Dies the Fire Universe, but only if I get to live in the Upper Northwest of America.  :ph34r:
I'd have thought the Isle of Man.

I'd be useful in this world.  :showoff:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Siege on June 14, 2012, 03:49:53 PM

Being a noble in the Portland Protective Assosiation is better than being a noble in medieval Europe, me thinks.
The Bearkillers are overrated, and the Corvallis Republic is just a hippie commune.

He has an uncomfortable fascination with the whole Wiccan hippie commies who can kick ass so long as lesbians are involved.
PDH!

merithyn

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on June 14, 2012, 04:14:56 PM
Quote from: Siege on June 14, 2012, 03:49:53 PM

He has an uncomfortable fascination with the whole Wiccan hippie commies who can kick ass so long as lesbians are involved.

I don't remember any lesbians in that commune. :unsure:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Lettow77

You weren't looking very hard. There was the evil lesbian assassin woman (who takes a wiccan lover herself) who murdered some lesbians defending the little wiccan prince. In a moment of compassion she drags them into each others arms when she sees one of the dying pair reaching for the other.

There were other lesbians elsewhere, but that particular scene sticks out. He has some masochistic fetish for women that are both powerful and do not desire men.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Queequeg

Quote from: Lettow77 on June 14, 2012, 03:59:59 PM
Fall-From-Grace is the better planescape waifu in any case.
I'd like to not die or be sucked down to the Abyss, thanks.
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

CountDeMoney

I've decided I want to be in River City, Iowa from The Music Man.

If a con man could run that town, can you imagine what one truly debased and motivated individual could do to that place?  :ph34r:

Shirley Jones would be my little bound cockslut inside of 15 minutes.  Right after I sold little Winthrop to The Buffalo Bills for a pedo gangbang.

Queequeg