News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Here Languish Stands game thread

Started by Solmyr, June 12, 2012, 02:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

So while waiting for the next VQ game to begin, I'm kinda interested in HIS, since I just got it and I am starved for gaming. :P Would anyone be interested in a PBEM with ACTS/Cyberboard? I can set up the game in ACTS, the rest should be pretty familiar to people here.

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

ulmont

I'll play, not that it seems this game is going to get off the ground - Martinus, have you moved on to VQ now?

I might be able to get a couple more people interested if this Languish one is otherwise stalled...

sbr

I'm interested but have never played the game or used ACTS/Cyberboard.

I do promise I will read the rulebook at least as well as Drakken though.

To help me remember:

Ottomans: Viking
Habsburgs: Tamas
England: Maximus
France: ulmont
Papacy: sbr
Protestants: Solmyr

Drakken

Quote from: sbr on June 12, 2012, 08:57:36 PM

Beware, you'll be reminded every single time that you didn't, even when it's some gonzo rule you should have read about or have perfectly understood on first read.

Habbaku

Quote from: Drakken on June 12, 2012, 09:03:44 PM

Beware, you'll be reminded every single time that you didn't, even when it's some gonzo rule you should have read about or have perfectly understood on first read.

:yeah:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Quote from: Drakken on June 12, 2012, 09:03:44 PM

Being mocked for not understanding a rule is the best way to learn.  It's the Habbakian Method of teaching.

Habbaku

There's a certificate and everything.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Maximus

I'm interested. I haven't played it before but I understand it's similar to TNW.

Solmyr

Right, so we have:

Solmyr
Viking
ulmont
sbr
Maximus

Just need one more! Also, people should feel free to post their faction preferences, which I'll try to take into account when rolling/distributing them. I'm fine with playing anything, myself.

Solmyr

I'm pretty sure that's the minimum requirement.

Tamas

I am game!

Since I am the least noobish of this bunch I think (Viking have you played it?), I guess I should volunteer to head the least noob-friendly faction, which might be one of the religions or Habsburg perhaps. Let's hear Habbaku's input on that.

ulmont

Tamas, Viking won one of our Languish games as Prots and I've won the last two games I've played with Habs and Berkut, but you should totally be the Haps or Prots.

No power preference here, Sol.

Tamas

Quote from: ulmont on June 13, 2012, 07:12:39 AM
Tamas, Viking won one of our Languish games as Prots and I've won the last two games I've played with Habs and Berkut, but you should totally be the Haps or Prots.

No power preference here, Sol.

didn't notice you here, ulmont  :lol:

And yeah, now I remember Viking.

Phew, that's a relief. I have no power preference AT ALL, I just thought we had newbies here and felt obliged to volunteer.

Solmyr

Maximus, sbr and myself are newbies, I think.

So should the pros take Habs, Papacy, and Prots?