News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Here Languish Stands game thread

Started by Solmyr, June 12, 2012, 02:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Before we get going: you generated the CB files using the 1.1 version of the gamebox. There is a 2.0 now.

We should switch to that.

Solmyr

Ah, ok, didn't notice that. I'll generate and send them again, along with my religion flips, when I get home in about 5 hours. Unless someone wants to do it before then.

Viking

Public negotiations.

The Sultan wants France to give him a card and promises to play the special card which the ottomans can play as an event which gives France a whole bunch of mercs in exchange when and where France wants it to be played.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

Actually, Luther has just realized that he can whisper in the right ear to have an non-ruler army leader (Alva, Ibrahim, Montmorency, or Brandon) exiled for the turn or possibly even beheaded. Luther will solicit offers from major powers to have such whispers going into the ears they want.

QuoteThreat to Power: Target one minor army leader (Charles Brandon, Duke of Alva, Montmorency, or Ibrahim Pasha) who is not currently captured. Roll a die. On a "1", "2" or "3", remove from play for the rest of the current turn. On a "4", "5" of "6", remove from play for the rest of the game. Returning leaders are placed in their capital if possible. If not, place them in a friendly home key.

Solmyr

Also a reminder that if you got the Schmalkaldic League card this turn, it should be played as operations in ACTS.

And don't touch the End Turn button either. :P

Tamas

R you going to redo the files under the version 2 gamebox Solmyr?

Viking

Quote from: Tamas on June 14, 2012, 03:44:11 AM
R you going to redo the files under the version 2 gamebox Solmyr?

I used gbx 2 to open the file and it opened fine.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Tamas

Yeah but it will still be obsolete

Solmyr

Quote from: Solmyr on June 14, 2012, 03:18:15 AM
I'll generate and send them again, along with my religion flips, when I get home in about 5 hours. Unless someone wants to do it before then.

:contract:

Tamas

ulmont

Quote from: Viking on June 14, 2012, 03:28:25 AM
The Sultan wants France to give him a card and promises to play the special card which the ottomans can play as an event which gives France a whole bunch of mercs in exchange when and where France wants it to be played.

I'll take that.  I can't remember, is that one "any space you control" as response?  If so, hang on for just a second, I know where it should go.

I can either do a card draw next turn, or hang on to Akinji Raiders until you want it played.

Solmyr

Sent out the v2.0 game files. Make sure you use those ones.

Also sent out my initial Protestant moves to everyone. For the new people, here's how to use it:

1.Open your game file.
2.Click "Load recorded move file" (or select from File menu).
3.Select the move file I sent and open it.
4.Click "Accept current move playback" (or select from Playback menu). Do NOT truncate the playback and click OK.
5.Save the game file.

You can also view it move by move by selecting the playback from the Game Project window and pressing F3. Or you can play it move by move directly after step 3 above, if you want to review the moves before saving them.

Subsequent people can use Reply All to the mail I sent to email their moves when needed. Increment the number by 1 each time. You can save your moves by clicking "Send recording to file" after you've done them all. If you want to cancel all your moves and start from the initial state, click "Discard current recording".

Solmyr

Quote from: ulmont on June 14, 2012, 08:51:07 AM
I'll take that.  I can't remember, is that one "any space you control" as response?  If so, hang on for just a second, I know where it should go.

Swiss Mercenaries is played as a response, yes. Mercs are placed together with one of your existing stacks.

Tamas

I have: given my 95 thesis card to Viking

Solmyr

It's Diet of Worms, not 95 theses. :P I have mine ready too, will wait a bit to see if there are any more public negotiations. Max should let us know when he's done talking with France and Habsburgs. sbr should also decide which card he wants to play for Worms.