News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Barry vs. Bubba

Started by derspiess, June 06, 2012, 09:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Comparing Bill Clinton's 8 years against Obama's 3+, who is the better president?

Bill Clinton
26 (78.8%)
Barack Obama
7 (21.2%)

Total Members Voted: 32

derspiess

Straight-up vote.  Who's better?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

jimmy olsen

Domestically - Clinton, Foreign Policy - Obama
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Habbaku

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 06, 2012, 10:38:52 PM
Domestically - Clinton, Foreign Policy - Obama

I give them a draw on FP, but definitely agree that Clinton's DP (lulz) is better.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Wouldn't Bubba's 1st administration be a better barometer?  If so, it's a push.  Both have been messy legislatively.

And as much as the GOP hates the HNIC, at least they haven't managed to impeach him.  Yet.

Viking

Newt was more entertaining as a super villan than Boehner.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Viking on June 07, 2012, 05:52:25 AM

That's because Boehner's not really a villian.  He's more like Eric Roberts to the Teabaggers' Jokers.

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 07, 2012, 05:56:52 AM
Quote from: Viking on June 07, 2012, 05:52:25 AM

That's because Boehner's not really a villian.  He's more like Eric Roberts to the Teabaggers' Jokers.

Bubba vs. The Mastermind Divorceé

would make for a much better movie than

The Magic Negro vs. Crybaby
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Sheilbh

8 years v 3 years, I'd say Bill.  Judging their first term alone, I'd say Obama.
Let's bomb Russia!

Maximus

Never got the Clinton love.

DGuller

Clinton had it much easier, so it's hard to compare.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 07, 2012, 05:51:19 AM
Wouldn't Bubba's 1st administration be a better barometer?  If so, it's a push.  Both have been messy legislatively.

A push?  Clinton wisely adjusted his strategy after getting beaten up in the 1994 mid-terms while Obama seems to have ignored that example.

I'd say Obama is a better campaigner than Clinton, but Clinton is way better a politician once he's in office.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on June 07, 2012, 09:06:30 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 07, 2012, 05:51:19 AM
A push?  Clinton wisely adjusted his strategy after getting beaten up in the 1994 mid-terms while Obama seems to have ignored that example.

Obama could adjust his strategy in a dozen different ways, the fact of the matter is he's never going to accomplish anything with a House whose public stated goal is to make him a one-term President.  They will never let him accomplish anything, regardless how he comes at them.  Even Clinton didn't have that sort of  obtuse resistance.

QuoteI'd say Obama is a better campaigner than Clinton, but Clinton is way better a politician once he's in office.

Obama's good and can energize a crowd, but I think your memory's a little hazy on exactly how much of a rock star status Bubba truly had at his rallies.