News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

National day of Sweden!

Started by The Brain, June 06, 2012, 12:28:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

No good swedish beers. Outside of Denmark the only quality nordic beer is Lapin Kulta.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

derspiess

Quote from: Viking on June 06, 2012, 10:13:32 AM
No good swedish beers.

There has to be *something* decent made somewhere in Sweden.

QuoteOutside of Denmark the only quality nordic beer is Lapin Kulta.

:cry:  What happened to you guys.  Beermaking should come naturally to you nordic types.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on June 06, 2012, 10:22:49 AM
:cry:  What happened to you guys.  Beermaking should come naturally to you nordic types.

Mead was more their thing ;)
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Viking

Quote from: derspiess on June 06, 2012, 10:22:49 AM
No good swedish beers.

There has to be *something* decent made somewhere in Sweden.

QuoteOutside of Denmark the only quality nordic beer is Lapin Kulta.

No towns with rights in scandinavia. So no breweries. The towns that were were small so no need for a proper brewery. The tradition in scandinavia is home brewing. Scandinavia has a torrid history with alcohol monopolies and prohibition which led the people away from drinking beer to getting monstrously drunk on spirits instead.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on June 06, 2012, 09:21:50 AM
I think we in the US should also have a National Day of Sweden, where we all celebrate by acting out some Swede stereotype.
Let's start by having a decent social safety net.

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on June 06, 2012, 09:56:54 AM
Quote from: Drakken on June 06, 2012, 09:53:26 AM
Like the proverbial "dumb Swede" archetype?

Myyyyyyy name is Yon Yonson
I come from Wisconsin
I works in da lumber yard der
Every girl dat I meet
When I walk downs de street
Says "What's your name?"
And I tells 'er: Myyyyyy name is Yon Yonson...

So it goes...
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Vricklund

No good swedish beers. Outside of Denmark the only quality nordic beer is Lapin Kulta.
For the record I have yet to drink a danish beer that's better than water out of a puddle in the street.

derspiess

Quote from: Vricklund on June 06, 2012, 03:35:19 PM
For the record I have yet to drink a danish beer that's better than water out of a puddle in the street.

I've always liked Elephant, particularly when ours was made in Denmark and not Canada.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Viking

Quote from: derspiess on June 06, 2012, 04:16:01 PM
Quote from: Vricklund on June 06, 2012, 03:35:19 PM

I've always liked Elephant, particularly when ours was made in Denmark and not Canada.

Hans Island again? Do the have a brewery there? Shit, maybe the place might be worth fighting over....