News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Insomnia

Started by Martinus, May 27, 2012, 03:50:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on June 05, 2012, 12:20:20 AM
So my big transaction signed yesterday and I slept like a baby.

Did the big transaction make you sleep in the big wet spot?

Ideologue

Quote from: Martinus on May 27, 2012, 04:50:24 AM
:rolleyes: I have a new mortgage, need cash to outfit my new apartment and want to keep saving at the same level (despite weakening zloty) I have been before I took the mortgage. The money I spend on my boyfriend probably represents 1/10 of increased living costs, if even that.

God, you're like all these guys on my doc review project.  LOL I AM TEH SUCCESSFUL LAWYER, till they're, y'know, not.  And then they've got these giant mortgages and shit so they work 70 hours a week for wages I find more than acceptable, but which do not pay for fancy schmancy bullshit.  Like homes.

I mean, I guess you'll be fine, but have you considered living within your means?  It works!

Also, I do sympathize with your insomnia.  My hours have been all fucked up, which I blame on not having a physical job, so when I get home, while I'm mentally exhausted/bored out of my gourd, I'm not physically tired and I wind up trying to make up for the loss of stimulation by staying up late.  Also, sometimes when we have deadlines I stay till six a.m. working, which is pretty bogus, although the cool part about my job (about the only one) is that I can show up whenever I want, so it doesn't really impact me that much as long as I put in the hours and my team communicates effectively.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on June 05, 2012, 12:51:13 AM
I mean, I guess you'll be fine, but have you considered living within your means?  It works!

For whom?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Boeing people who want to retire.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on June 05, 2012, 12:58:38 AM

That's a very specific type of person. :lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Hah, fine we'll add boring people who want to retire, too :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Ideologue

Quote from: HVC on June 05, 2012, 12:58:38 AM

I consider myself very much a Boeing person. :wub:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 05, 2012, 12:28:01 AM

Oh, that's very good. :lol:
Kinemalogue

HVC

They make good planes.

Ideologue

They make the planes so that the whole world burns.
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on June 05, 2012, 01:04:09 AM
They make the planes so that the whole world burns.

+2 for Consistently useful Alfred ref quote.

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on June 05, 2012, 01:01:55 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 05, 2012, 12:28:01 AM

Now, now, don't be cruel. Anyway why is anyone letting semen leak on the bed?

Also semen is apparently not family friendly and I had to teach it to my kindle.

Oh, that's very good. :lol: