News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Insomnia

Started by Martinus, May 27, 2012, 03:50:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Syt

Is that Bob Dole?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Syt on May 27, 2012, 12:19:03 PM
Is that Bob Dole?

Looks kind of like Biden to me.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Zoupa

Ed Anger

Quote from: Zoupa on May 27, 2012, 01:01:49 PM

So, Raistlin's gay magician cousin will make Mart go to sleep by having his birds shit on him?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Turn straight, have a kid. You'll have ~10 years free of it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

mongers

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 27, 2012, 06:59:09 PM

Or my advice, only ever go to bed when you're dog tired.

edit:
oh I see, yours amongst to the same as mine.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Barrister

You don't know the worst of it.  Now without the crib (and after the two gleeful weeks where he didn't realize he wsn't in a crib) the kid now wakes up at 6:30-7 and beelines for our room to wake us up. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Yeah you are scaring me. I'm think that when I lose the crib I'm staring at a 5ham wake cup call.

Her room is facing East!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Brazen

Stop drinking wine mid-week. Might make you feel relaxed before bedtime, but it gives you a rotten disturbed sleep, believe me. And no caffeine (even tea) after 6pm.

Get a bedtime routine and do the same every night - say shower, read a book for half an hour, go to bed.

No phone or computer use in the bedroom. Very important one in this day and age. It's a combination of the light source and being constantly in communication mode.

Finally, perhaps you'd like to swap your money worries with mine?

Martinus

So my big transaction signed yesterday and I slept like a baby.

katmai

How much did he cost you?

:P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Barrister

Quote from: Barrister on May 28, 2012, 08:59:30 AM

You don't know the worst of it.  Now without the crib (and after the two gleeful weeks where he didn't realize he wsn't in a crib) the kid now wakes up at 6:30-7 and beelines for our room to wake us up. :(

Little Tim was up at 5:30 this morning.

My wife just put him back to bed though, and he wasn't up again until I went to work at 7. :wub:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.