News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Insomnia

Started by Martinus, May 27, 2012, 03:50:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

I fucking hate it when it comes. I have been under a lot of stress at work lately (two big projects at the same time, going on my first vacation in nearly a year next week and worrying how am I going to delegate the projects to other people during my absence, annual performance/pay review coming up this week and I really need a raise/bonus), been drinking a bit too much wine before sleep/too much coffee during the day, and the motherfucking street services have been repairing the road in front of my window for the last 2-3 weeks, with pneumatic hammers starting at 7 am and ending around midnight.

So for the last 3 weeks or so (not every night) I am having nights where if I dont go to bed around 10 pm, I cant fall asleep until 4-5 am in the morning. (eg last night guests left at 2 am, I fell asleep half past four and woke up at 7am to the motherfucking sledgehammers on Sunday morning).

I found this website which seems pretty sensible (and some of the stuff I have been using myself): http://www.helpguide.org/life/insomnia_treatment.htm

Would appreciate if fellow insomnia sufferers could give me some tips in addition/contrary to what the website says. :)

katmai

Quote from: Martinus on May 27, 2012, 03:50:16 AM
I fucking hate it when it comes. I have been under a lot of stress at work lately (two big projects at the same time, going on my first vacation in nearly a year next week and worrying how am I going to delegate the projects to other people during my absence,annual performance/pay review coming up this week and I really need a raise/bonus), been drinking a bit too much wine before sleep/too much coffee during the day, and the motherfucking street services have been repairing the road in front of my window for the last 2-3 weeks, with pneumatic hammers starting at 7 am and ending around midnight.

So for the last 3 weeks or so (not every night) I am having nights where if I dont go to bed around 10 pm, I cant fall asleep until 4-5 am in the morning. (eg last night guests left at 2 am, I fell asleep half past four and woke up at 7am to the motherfucking sledgehammers on Sunday morning).

I found this website which seems pretty sensible (and some of the stuff I have been using myself): http://www.helpguide.org/life/insomnia_treatment.htm

Would appreciate if fellow insomnia sufferers could give me some tips in addition/contrary to what the website says. :)

How have you been squandering all your money mr Zloty millionaire?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Gee thanks fatmai.

katmai

Quote from: Martinus on May 27, 2012, 04:34:09 AM
Gee thanks fatmai.

I'm sorry you can't sleep, but stop spending all your money on rent boys and you won't need a raise.  :)

Martinus

:rolleyes: I have a new mortgage, need cash to outfit my new apartment and want to keep saving at the same level (despite weakening zloty) I have been before I took the mortgage. The money I spend on my boyfriend probably represents 1/10 of increased living costs, if even that.

katmai

Why did you get a new mortgage? or you mean you refinanced? :huh:

Martinus

Quote from: katmai on May 27, 2012, 04:53:46 AM
Why did you get a new mortgage? or you mean you refinanced? :huh:

The new (second) flat I bought last year.

katmai

oh i thought you got a really good deal on it. You are as bad as my father, he keeps wanting to buy more houses. Then bitches why he can't retire... :lol:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on May 27, 2012, 06:02:57 AM
oh i thought you got a really good deal on it. You are as bad as my father, he keeps wanting to buy more houses. Then bitches why he can't retire... :lol:

Martinus is no better than the broke-ass retired cops I know, working on their 3rd or 4th wives.  They'd have been able to retire comfortably if they didn't piss away so much treasure on useless ass they couldn't live with.  He's on his way.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on May 27, 2012, 03:50:16 AM

Other than the usual (no caffeine after 1pm, maintain militancy about a regular bedtime, shit like that) start taking Melatonin (3mg dosage, take 1 to start, up it to 3 after a week or so) as a supplement about 3-4 hours prior to bedtime: it will increase your brain's ability to tell the rest of your system it's time to shut down for the night, and reinforces your body's natural circadian rhythm.

PDH

You could try eating a lot more and getting fat.  I understand that helps people sleep.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Darth Wagtaros

Try some alcohol, right before bed. 
PDH!

Cecil

18-21 km run every other day and weights on the days you dont do that. Add a good meal afterwards and you´ll sleep like a baby.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: PDH on May 27, 2012, 08:26:00 AM
You could try eating a lot more and getting fat.  I understand that helps people sleep.
Massive amounts of sugar a few hours before bed, the sugar crash will carry him through the night.
PDH!