News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Happy Six-Day War Day!

Started by Duque de Bragança, June 05, 2012, 06:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Commemoration time again.
Yep, it's been 45 years since the beginning of Israel's most victorious war.

Admiral Yi

It began exactly 45 years ago, but when did it end, give or take?

CountDeMoney

God Bless Eli Cohen, perhaps one of the ballsiest spies in the history of modern espionage.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 05, 2012, 06:50:00 AM
It began exactly 45 years ago, but when did it end, give or take?

Roughly 6 days later.

11B4V

Nothing like a good stomping on the Arabs
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 05, 2012, 06:52:45 AM
God Bless Eli Cohen, perhaps one of the ballsiest spies in the history of modern espionage.

Meh, must be an arab.. looks like one.

I especially like the story about him touring the Syrian Army sites in The Golan and then writing a scathing report on how the soldiers were suffering suggesting that the army plants trees at the artillery sites to give the soldiers some shade from the sun.

So at the start of the war the Israelis bombed all small tree groves on the golan.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Viking on June 05, 2012, 07:22:37 AM
Meh, must be an arab.. looks like one.

Arab-born Jew.

*This* close to becoming the Syrian Deputy Minister of Defense.  Amazing.

Some of the best spies have photographic memory.  So did the other Greatest Jew That Ever Lived, Moe Berg.