News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Watch Dogs - GTA meets Deus Ex?

Started by Syt, June 05, 2012, 01:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FcMRkyoHKeA

Is this is indeed undoctored gameplay footage - nice. Doesn't say yet which platforms it'll be out on.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Tonitrus

Looks like a somewhat less linear Uncharted game.

Josquius

That does at least look pretty awesome....But then so did a lot of things...
His phone gizmo seems to do a lot of cool stuff but I can;t help but wonder how many of those people will actually use more often than in those one or two missions where you have to use a certain gizmo.

Also, am I the only one annoyed that all such grand scale games these days seem to be set in the US? The decline of Japanese games industry saddens me. And I wish Europeans wouldn't be afraid to admit they're European.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

It's a Ubisoft game. Built on 360, port to PS3.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 05, 2012, 10:43:37 AM
It's a Ubisoft game.

Well yes the ubisoft logo is apparent when one clicks on the video. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

While it looked rather nice and I'll definitely be paying attention to it, I enjoyed the emotional heft of 'The Last of Us' more :

http://youtu.be/8ZYkj0glnqs

That one's one to watch.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DGuller

I really hate these kinds of previews, for both of the referenced games.  They are made to look like movies, not like actual gameplay experience.  Therefore, you really don't have much to go on when deciding whether this is the game you want.  How much choice in actions do you actually get in either game, as opposed to being led on a linear cinematic path and maybe forced to figure out a couple of things to keep you moving on that path?  Can't tell from this.

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on June 06, 2012, 12:12:41 AM
While it looked rather nice and I'll definitely be paying attention to it, I enjoyed the emotional heft of 'The Last of Us' more :

http://youtu.be/8ZYkj0glnqs

That one's one to watch.

Children as leads? :x

FunkMonk

Of all the crap at E3 I think I've been most impressed with Planetside 2. 2000 players on each map :cool:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ed Anger

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 06, 2012, 06:10:42 PM
Of all the crap at E3 I think I've been most impressed with Planetside 2. 2000 players on each map :cool:

The massive bunny hopping will crack the game world and all the players will be thrown into the core of the planet.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 06, 2012, 06:16:10 PM

The massive bunny hopping will crack the game world and all the players will be thrown into the core of the planet.

I have a beta key. It will be a sight to behold.  :cry:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

That's a lot of Kubelwagen targets.