News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Watch Dogs - GTA meets Deus Ex?

Started by Syt, June 05, 2012, 01:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: Habbaku on June 06, 2012, 12:12:41 AM
While it looked rather nice and I'll definitely be paying attention to it, I enjoyed the emotional heft of 'The Last of Us' more :

http://youtu.be/8ZYkj0glnqs

That one's one to watch.

hmm....sure looks cool but I fear the gameplay is rather generic.
And you just know you're gonna be hating that kid, always acting stupid and getting herself killed.

Though I wonder what the relation between the characters are...they don't seem to be father and daughter....and the name...the last of us...I suspect Siegebreaker territory...
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

garbon

So this looks like it is finally dropping this month. Anyone still following this? I just saw on wikipedia that it has received 173 pre-release awards. Most hyped game ever?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I still don't know what it's about.  As far as I can tell, you are a guy with a magic smart phone who rides on the top of trains rather then inside them.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?783700-Ubisoft-caught-red-handed-intentional-downgrading-PC-version-of-Watch-Dogs

TL;DR: Ubisoft wowed everyone with the look of Watch_Dogs at E3. Later, they used inferior assets for the PC version, but apparently made the mistake of leaving the E3 assets in the game.

Quote...massive discoveries/improvements. He has discovered that almost all of the shaders and improvements seen in 2012 and 2013 are still in the game files, such as the e3 2012 explosions. For now he has managed to implement dynamic shadows from headlights, the increased rain density, increased NPC density, as well as 2012 e3 bloom and lens flare.
When he manages to unpack certain files, he will be able to activate everything, such as POMs, etc.
Originally Posted by Included in the mod...

Included in this mod(not all features are available yet):

-Changes to the default fog values
-Enabled bokeh DOF for the main cameras
-Stuttering Improvements
-E3 2012 Bloom
-Performance Improvements
-Enabled Headlight Shadows
-LoD Changes
-Reflection changes
-Added 3 new cameras to the game(closer, normal, further)
-Rain changes(High quality rain drops, properly reacting to light, etc)
-LensFlares(WIP)
-Lighting changes(TESTING AND WIP)
-Civilians density changes

And many more things.. SOON.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

And (from same thread):

QuoteOne other thing just surfaced, game is double loading textures on pc, in order to maximize video memory usage. This has been causing stuttering in the retail version. Mod removes this idiocy.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Typical.

But yeah, I've stayed away from this one for now. From what I've read - sounds like bargain bin is where it'll be at.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Yeah, reviews indicate that it's an ok, not a great game.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on June 16, 2014, 10:22:36 AM
:yes: I passed.  Massively overhyped, apparently.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

I figured as much from the lame previews.  Games that don't show real gameplay in previews are probably hiding something.

Caliga

I'm guessing Ubisoft hired Peter Molyneux to consult for them on the game's marketing. :)

Valmy

I would hire him.  He knows how to sell bad games.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Syt on June 16, 2014, 10:22:36 AM

Ubisoft never mentioned it but it's basically Assassin's Creed in Modern times. Something they've excluded doing so far.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga