News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

By Jingo! Another Jubilee!

Started by Jacob, June 04, 2012, 06:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Why you Canadians fall for that shit is beyond me.  The English hate you.

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 04, 2012, 06:12:16 PM

Almost no one in Canada care about the Jubilee; excepting BarristerBoy and his ilk :bowler:

I like the BBC though, and Rule Britannia is pretty rousing.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on June 04, 2012, 06:21:43 PM
Almost no one in Canada care about the Jubilee; excepting BarristerBoy and his ilk :bowler:

Mobtown has a big celebration week this month for the War of 1812--It's a Sailabration!  Dazzling Urbanite herd muggings sold separately.

Here's the link, listing all the ships visiting:
http://www.starspangled200.com/

With the HMCS Monkton, Iroquois, Ville de Quebec and Goose Bay in town, 89% of the Canadian Navy will be here.*

Brits are only sending the Argus.  What an insult. Not even a real combat ship.  Oh wait, the RN doesn't have any anymore.  Kudos to the Krauts, Danes and the Norwegians for sending real ships.

*Which is pretty fucking pathetic.  No wonder Neil wishes he were born in America.

Ed Anger

I still giggle when I'm reminded the USCGC Eagle used to be the Horst Wessel
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 04, 2012, 06:37:54 PM

We won. It's our shit.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 04, 2012, 06:38:16 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 04, 2012, 06:37:54 PM

We won. It's our shit.

Damn right.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 04, 2012, 06:12:16 PM
Who cares what the English think?  She's our monarch.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Octavian

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 04, 2012, 06:33:21 PM
Quote from: Jacob on June 04, 2012, 06:21:43 PM

Mobtown has a big celebration week this month for the War of 1812--It's a Sailabration!  Dazzling Urbanite herd muggings sold separately.

Here's the link, listing all the ships visiting:
http://www.starspangled200.com/

With the HMCS Monkton, Iroquois, Ville de Quebec and Goose Bay in town, 89% of the Canadian Navy will be here.*

Brits are only sending the Argus.  What an insult. Not even a real combat ship.  Oh wait, the RN doesn't have any anymore.  Kudos to the Krauts, Danes and the Norwegians for sending real ships.

*Which is pretty fucking pathetic.  No wonder Neil wishes he were born in America.

It seems we are sending the Esbern Snare:

"HDMS Esbern Snare (L17) is an Absalon-class support ship, and is along with her sister ship, the HDMS Absalon, the largest combat vessel currently commissioned in the Royal Danish Navy.
The Esbern Snare is part of the first stage of a strategic realignment within the Royal Danish Navy, which is transitioning to focus on international operations, in which Absalon-class vessels will form the backbone. The ship is designed for command and support roles, with a large ro-ro deck, and is to be complemented by the Ivar Huitfeldt class frigate, a derivative of the Absalon-class designed specifically for combat operations.

The Esbern Snare was involved in the Beluga Nomination Incident, when she and the Seychelles Coast Guard patrol boat engaged in a failed rescue operation which left four or five Somali pirates and civilians dead. Later she captured a mother ship on 12 February 2011, capturing sixteen pirates and their weapons, as well as freeing two hostages held by the pirates. While patrolling on 12 May 2011 she encountered the pirated dhow NN Iran and attacked it, killing four pirates and wounding ten. Sixteen Iranian hostages were rescued and 24 pirates captured, but the dhow was in a sinking condition and had to be abandoned."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMS_Esbern_Snare_(L17)
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Josquius

Ah "Rule Britannia", the "America, fuck yeah" of its day.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on June 05, 2012, 03:12:48 AM
Ah "Rule Britannia", the "America, fuck yeah" of its day.

It is pretty catchy at least.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

They're doing the flyovers, and just knocked out the 60-gun salute.

Valmy

I hope they do not overdo it.  They have to have something left for her 70th.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on June 05, 2012, 09:39:37 AM
I hope they do not overdo it.  They have to have something left for her 70th.

Her years on the throne are more important than her birthdays, what what.