And we're back!

Main Menu

By Jingo! Another Jubilee!

Started by Jacob, June 04, 2012, 06:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 05, 2012, 09:45:03 AM
Quote from: Valmy on June 05, 2012, 09:39:37 AM
I hope they do not overdo it.  They have to have something left for her 70th.

Her years on the throne are more important than her birthdays, what what.
I don't think 70th is a big anniversary either.  If she makes it to 75 years on the throne then we'll go mad.  The Flotilla will carry on to reclaim Aquitane and the flyover will keep going to bomb Agincourt.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Well, if anybody can make it to 75, she definitely can;  she's got the genetics for it.

For the sake of the monarchy--as little as I care about it--I hope that you guys smarten up and totally skip Charles, and go straight to William.

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 05, 2012, 09:50:14 AM
I don't think 70th is a big anniversary either.  If she makes it to 75 years on the throne then we'll go mad.  The Flotilla will carry on to reclaim Aquitane and the flyover will keep going to bomb Agincourt.

:lol:

:yeah:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 05, 2012, 09:50:14 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 05, 2012, 09:45:03 AM
Quote from: Valmy on June 05, 2012, 09:39:37 AM
I hope they do not overdo it.  They have to have something left for her 70th.

Her years on the throne are more important than her birthdays, what what.
:lmfao:

Rule Britannia!
:bowler: :yeah:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sheilbh

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 05, 2012, 09:53:13 AM
For the sake of the monarchy--as little as I care about it--I hope that you guys smarten up and totally skip Charles, and go straight to William.
I think Charles has endeared himself to people now.  He'll be fine.  At least in the UK, we might lose Canada and Australia :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 05, 2012, 09:58:54 AM
I think Charles has endeared himself to people now.  He'll be fine.  At least in the UK, we might lose Canada and Australia :(

Canadians hate Charles?  He just needs to show up and cheer on the national Hockey team a few times.  Maybe speak a little French.

I like Charles.  I have heard him speak a couple times and, for a dirty aristo-pig philanderer, he seems like a guy who legitimately wants to do good in the world.  Plus he seems to be utterly mediocre in intelligence and ability which is exactly what you want in a modern figure head monarch.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

mongers

Well, if anybody can make it to 75, she definitely can;  she's got the genetics for it.

In which case it's one redeeming feature, it's hereditary nature is lost and it becomes a polarity contest; so we then might as well move to an elected head of state/ 'Britain's Got a 'Monarch' '  .
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

I am pretty convinced Liz is going to outlive both Charles and William anyway.

Josquius

The odds on her beating Charles are pretty good I think.
William....that's stretching it a bit probally.
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

For her sake I hope she hangs up the Crown at some point.  The old bird has been hard at work for 60 years now - she deserves a nice retirement eventually.

I imagine she'll want to hang on at least long enough to beat out Victoria's reign and be Britain's longest-serving monarch of all time, but (after a quick google) even that's up in 4 years.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Richard Hakluyt

She can retire from public life, but shouldn't abdicate. Maybe Charles could be Prince Regent for a few years  :hmm:

Incidentally mongers, the redeeming feature of our constitutional monarchy is that it is better than all the other systems  :bowler:  :D

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on June 05, 2012, 10:06:50 AM

In which case it's one redeeming feature, it's hereditary nature is lost and it becomes a polarity contest; so we then might as well move to an elected head of state/ 'Britain's Got a 'Monarch' '  .

Bah, you guys have dismissed with the direct hereditary route before under circumstances, you can do it again.  As somebody who's watched Charles since he was dating that filthy courtesan whore Diana, he's been an embarrassment to the Royal Family, exceeded only by that red haired tart with the weight loss program.  It's only been the last few years or so that he's shown some true regalism.

Skip Chuck, give it to Bill.  The people would love that.

Barrister

I also have the feelng that Charles might enjoy not being the Prince of Wales.  By being the King's father he'd still have a pretty large soapbox, but would suddenly be much more free to speak out on the issues that interest him.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

My God those are some dull issues.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Neil

Your homo-ness cannot be doubted anymore.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.