News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '12-13

Started by grumbler, June 02, 2012, 03:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Awesome.  The more Gator interceptions, the less of a chance to hear that fucking Rocky Top bullshit.

MadBurgerMaker

Seeing a lot of holding and facemasks by Tennessee that aren't being called.   :hmm:

MadImmortalMan

WTF Saban. Let up already.  :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 15, 2012, 05:37:21 PM
WTF Saban. Let up already.  :lol:

What, and not be the biggest dickhead in sports after Belichick?

MadBurgerMaker

UNC is really making this game interesting.

E:  Oh wow and they just got a quick 50 yard TD.  Only down by 5 now, and they're going to two.

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: grumbler on September 15, 2012, 03:51:28 PM
The ACC is actually a good fit for ND, other than geographically.  ACC schools have the kinds of academics that would appeal to the ND president, the ACC has lots of private schools, and the ACC has a lot of ND's traditional opponents.  ND recruits heavily in the east, so this works for recruiting, as well.

ND's only other option was the Big 12 (which was also willing to allow ND to be a partial member), but there were few schools there that ND had any interest in playing.  Plus, the Big 12 is still pretty shaky membership-wise, unlike the fairly solid ACC. The B12 has slightly better bowls, to be sure.

I think ND pretty much got exactly what it needed from the ACC, and vice-versa.

I suspect the single biggest reason is where they'd play in the ACC versus where they'd play in the Big XII. There is upside even in the shit ACC teams, playing in Boston, Pittsburgh, D.C. area etc even when those schools are bad keeps Notre Dame more present in the big markets in the east and maintains their image as a national team. Playing in Ames Iowa and various other Big XII stops does little for Notre Dame on any level.

MadImmortalMan

Yeah it's a media market thing.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Valmy on September 15, 2012, 04:57:50 PM
Quote from: grumbler on September 15, 2012, 03:51:28 PMPlus, the Big 12 is still pretty shaky membership-wise, unlike the fairly solid ACC.

Shaky membership wise?  How can that be possible?  Not only did every single unhappy school already leave but everybody signed their rights away for 13 years.  Whereas in the ACC the football schools are pissed off about them bringing in more and more Basketball schools and a couple of them voted against the exit penalty.  This baffles me.  Is this a troll?

Grumbler is a complete idiot that spouts off shit that is undeniably wrong on a regular basis. If you call him on it he just reverts to douchebag troll mode and becomes even more unbearable than you might have previously thought possible.

He's also never once admitted he's ignorant of anything. Like in this case if he remotely understood that the Big XII members had signed a 13 year grant of rights and what that actually means he'd never have said membership is shaky.

The only thing that could kill the Big XII would be Texas and Oklahoma leaving, which just looks highly unlikely. Texas makes the most money of any FBS school in the Big XII so have no incentive to move elsewhere, and no other conference would permit them the institutional influence and control. Oklahoma probably isn't 100% happy in the Big XII but from what I can see Oklahoma politics would dictate that OU take OSU with them wherever they go, which makes it hard for OU to find a home (I don't know how true that is, and I'll openly admit to that.)

MadBurgerMaker

Holy shit.  Louisville just turned it over inside their own...wait it's under review.confirmed.  UNC has the ball on UL's 23 or so down by 5.

Valmy

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on September 15, 2012, 05:41:45 PM
I suspect the single biggest reason is where they'd play in the ACC versus where they'd play in the Big XII. There is upside even in the shit ACC teams, playing in Boston, Pittsburgh, D.C. area etc even when those schools are bad keeps Notre Dame more present in the big markets in the east and maintains their image as a national team. Playing in Ames Iowa and various other Big XII stops does little for Notre Dame on any level.

Well there is the advantage of Texas recruits.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

OttoVonBismarck

So on a side note I'll be down in Austin for the UT / WVU game in October, first time in Austin actually.

katmai

@valmy
They already schedule Oklahoma and Texas. Should get them enough of gravitas to recruit in Texas. I mean reason keeping USC and Stanford is to keep West Coast pipeline open.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 15, 2012, 04:35:18 PM

Oh, and fuck you, Ed.   I hope they gave you a fucking heart attack today.

:lol:

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jaron

The BYU vs Utah State game is freaking all people here have been talking about for the last two weeks.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

CountDeMoney

And the Gators are snuffing out the Rocky Tards, as it should be.  CHOMP CHOMP