News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '12-13

Started by grumbler, June 02, 2012, 03:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: katmai on September 13, 2012, 02:44:01 AM
Surprised no comment from Seedy about Irish joining ACC.
I thought it was all sports but football (though they say if they give up football independence they will join the ACC).

Don't really get why they prefer the ACC to the Big Ten.  :huh:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

Tim- it is all sports but Football (well sort of as they will play five games vs ACC opponents and are tied to non bcs ACC bowls.) and with plans to keep Stanford, USC, and Army on schedule means likely some of their Big ten matchups go bye bye.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

sbr

A local high school kid, who has committed to the Ducks, ran for 643 yards and 10 TDs (38 carries) in a 84-63 game last night.

OttoVonBismarck

I think Notre Dame recognizes they need to have some allegiance to a conference, and the B1G would only allow Notre Dame in if they went in all the way. If Notre Dame plays five ACC games a year I think somehow they think that helps keep them relevant in any discussions about the eventual "playoff" system we're heading toward and the ACC has a lot of games in big media markets which allows Notre Dame to keep up their "national" fanbase.

grumbler

The ACC is actually a good fit for ND, other than geographically.  ACC schools have the kinds of academics that would appeal to the ND president, the ACC has lots of private schools, and the ACC has a lot of ND's traditional opponents.  ND recruits heavily in the east, so this works for recruiting, as well.

ND's only other option was the Big 12 (which was also willing to allow ND to be a partial member), but there were few schools there that ND had any interest in playing.  Plus, the Big 12 is still pretty shaky membership-wise, unlike the fairly solid ACC. The B12 has slightly better bowls, to be sure.

I think ND pretty much got exactly what it needed from the ACC, and vice-versa.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadBurgerMaker

Louisville is curb stomping UNC. 

Quote from: grumbler on September 15, 2012, 03:51:28 PM
Plus, the Big 12 is still pretty shaky membership-wise,

They just signed a 13 year grant of rights along with their new TV deal.  The Big 12 isn't even remotely shaky.

katmai

UDub is up 42-0 in 2nd quarter vs Portland St.
Yet this game doesn't tell me squat about how this team is after the drubbing at LSU. Man I hate playing FCS teams.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

grumbler

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 15, 2012, 04:20:45 PM
Quote from: grumbler on September 15, 2012, 03:51:28 PM
Plus, the Big 12 is still pretty shaky membership-wise,

They just signed a 13 year grant of rights along with their new TV deal.  The Big 12 isn't even remotely shaky.

Really? I thought they had lost 4 teams in the last 2 years.  Must be the other Big 12 Conference I am thinking of.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: grumbler on September 15, 2012, 04:23:59 PM
Really? I thought they had lost 4 teams in the last 2 years.  Must be the other Big 12 Conference I am thinking of.

Again, they just signed a 13 year grant of rights.  So, yes.  Really.  Could you possibly be more of a douche about it?

CountDeMoney

I really don't have a dog in this fight, but man, there must've been some folded $100 bills passed around to the refs by Saban before the Arkansas-Alabama game.  I haven't seen such homer assfucking of the visitors like this in a long time.

Oh, and fuck you, Ed.   I hope they gave you a fucking heart attack today.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 15, 2012, 04:35:18 PM
I really don't have a dog in this fight, but man, there must've been some folded $100 bills passed around to the refs by Saban before the Arkansas-Alabama game.  I haven't seen such homer assfucking of the visitors like this in a long time.

Didn't bother turning that one on because it looked like Bama would just overpower the Pigs.  The refs have really been shitting on them though?  That's messed up.  They need all the help they can get.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 15, 2012, 04:50:52 PM
Didn't bother turning that one on because it looked like Bama would just overpower the Pigs.  The refs have really been shitting on them though?  That's messed up.  They need all the help they can get.

Back when it was early, yeah.  But once Bama got some serious points on the board, they started to simply truck them.  But Arkansas had some real shitty calls go against them, turnovers and whatnot.  I'm sure they'll show them in the extended highlights.

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on September 15, 2012, 03:51:28 PMPlus, the Big 12 is still pretty shaky membership-wise, unlike the fairly solid ACC.

Shaky membership wise?  How can that be possible?  Not only did every single unhappy school already leave but everybody signed their rights away for 13 years.  Whereas in the ACC the football schools are pissed off about them bringing in more and more Basketball schools and a couple of them voted against the exit penalty.  This baffles me.  Is this a troll?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on September 15, 2012, 04:23:59 PM

Is this 2010?  Thats weird I thought it was 2012.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."