News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '12-13

Started by grumbler, June 02, 2012, 03:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 09, 2012, 10:52:36 PM
Too many bones thrown to the powerhouses and the cupcakes*;  the current system benefits them both:  the Savannah States get their cash, and the Florida States get their tune-ups.  Or, in the case of Troy State and Fresno State, you sacrifice a few years of on the road ass whippings to generate a higher profile for your program.

Meh, even if the BCS teams go full cupcake for OOC scheduling, they still have to play 8-10 reasonably tough opponents. That's a far cry from actually being in a cupcake conference and still demanding a shot at the title.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

sbr

Safety John Boyett, one of Oregon's best defensive players, is out for the year.  He is havign surgery on BOTH patella tendons. :ouch:

Berkut

Not enough focus on Arizona kicking the teeth in of Okie State.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

PDH

What I missed when I was away:

Wyoming defense apparently still can't play - Toledo ran up and down on them.

Wyoming was driving to get the game in reach when a Toledo player horse collared the Wyoming QB and another one dove in to helmet to helmet the QB.  Brett Smith, who gave Texas fits and had over 400 yards of offense against Toledo was backboarded off the field.  Wyoming got the ball a couple more times, but lost by 4.  No real update as to his condition, not a good sign.

Wyoming is not even a good team with the All American QB, without him they are awful.

Shit.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 09, 2012, 10:36:45 PM
The problem is that Division 1 is too big and the conferences within it aren't anywhere close to equal. Managing to mow down the Sun Belt or Conference USA doesn't make you one of the top 4(or even 10 or 15 generally) teams in the country.

Yeah ok that problem exists in every other sport in Division I and they do not have this issue.  Even the other football divisions.  But, as I said, the facts prove you wrong.  The undefeateds from the lower conferences have generally done very well in the BCS so what you are saying is theory only and not supported by actual evidence on the field.  But even if that was not the case I still am not happy about it.

And yes I know it will still happen...but I think TCU a couple years ago and maybe one of the Utah or Boise State teams might have made it in the playoffs if we had the system we are going to have in a couple years at the time.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on September 10, 2012, 07:55:33 AM
What I missed when I was away:

Wyoming defense apparently still can't play - Toledo ran up and down on them.

Wyoming was driving to get the game in reach when a Toledo player horse collared the Wyoming QB and another one dove in to helmet to helmet the QB.  Brett Smith, who gave Texas fits and had over 400 yards of offense against Toledo was backboarded off the field.  Wyoming got the ball a couple more times, but lost by 4.  No real update as to his condition, not a good sign.

Wyoming is not even a good team with the All American QB, without him they are awful.

Shit.

Yeah I hope he can come back eventually.  So sorry man.  That sucks.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on September 10, 2012, 12:36:32 AM
Not enough focus on Arizona kicking the teeth in of Okie State.

It certainly made me a bit less concerned about Texas going there in three weeks.

PDH

This was the hit.  They guy coming in from the right hit the QB under the chin and drove his head into the turf.

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

grumbler

Quote from: PDH on September 10, 2012, 10:29:07 AM
The was the hit.  They guy coming in from the right hit the QB under the chin and drove his head into the turf.

That's a Spartoon play, but no Spartoons are present!

Love the facemask, too.  That didn't get called though the horse collar did).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

PDH

Yeah, guy leading with his hands to tackle (er raise the helmet) of a defenseless QB.  I suspect he got a double concussion - one from the hit to his chin, the other from his head being driven into the turf.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

sbr

Hey berkut, I don't know if you've seen this yet but the Oregon Arizona game on the 22nd is at 7:30 on espn.  It will be mice to are more pac-12 games nationally.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: sbr on September 10, 2012, 12:39:35 PM
It will be mice to are more pac-12 games nationally.

Pac 12 coach in pep talk: "Are we men or are we mice?"

sbr

Bill in Sinton has nothing on this Razorbacks fan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ1BO0vAUD8

katmai

Surprised no comment from Seedy about Irish joining ACC.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

I look forward to the inevitable upsets by Duke.