Main Menu

NCAA Football '12-13

Started by grumbler, June 02, 2012, 03:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

jimmy olsen

Quote from: sbr on September 08, 2012, 09:56:49 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 08, 2012, 09:53:21 PM
The way the new playoff system is set up there will be a lot fewer in the future since it factors in strength of schedule.

Not necessarily, the committee hasn't been named and we don't know how much strength of schedule will matter.  The problem is there will always be yahoos like you who look at nothing but wins and losses.
:yeahright:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

UCLA let a chance to take control run down their collective legs.

sbr

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 08, 2012, 10:04:32 PM
The way the new playoff system is set up there will be a lot fewer in the future since it factors in strength of schedule.

Not necessarily, the committee hasn't been named and we don't know how much strength of schedule will matter.  The problem is there will always be yahoos like you who look at nothing but wins and losses.

I thought you were one of the Boise State honks who think any undefeated team should get a shot over a better one loss team.  If that wasn't you sorry.

Ed Anger

I'm glad the powder blue is at least being competitive. I missed the good old USC-UCLA slobbernockers.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 08, 2012, 10:07:15 PM
I'm glad the powder blue is at least being competitive. I missed the good old USC-UCLA slobbernockers.

They have been the better team in the second half but they are giving away too many opportunities to take control.

Has Erin Attention Whore Andrews been on camera at all tonight?

MBM: that Franklin kids is impressive

Ed Anger

jimmy olsen

Quote from: sbr on September 08, 2012, 10:06:35 PM

I thought you were one of the Boise State honks who think any undefeated team should get a shot over a better one loss team.  If that wasn't you sorry.
The BCS system is illegitimate. Given that, I argue for whoever I like, and I like Boise State.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Looks like Georgia might finally put away these pesky Mizzou puddytats.

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Troy Aikman just came. Game over huskers I hope you suck in the 'shoe too. G'night everybody except Tim.

sbr

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 08, 2012, 10:12:43 PM
Quote from: sbr on September 08, 2012, 10:06:35 PM

The BCS system is illegitimate. Given that, I argue for whoever I like, and I like Boise State.

In what way is it "illegitimate"?  There are lots of things you can call the bcs but I am struggling with that one.

Valmy

The problem is there will always be yahoos like you who look at nothing but wins and losses.

History has sort of proven us yahoos were correct with one exception.  It seems yahoos like you are impervious to history.  But really even if I did not have history behind me I would still feel this way.

It just annoys me that in this game you can go undefeated, including the postseason, and not be the champs.  This is the only sport in the entire world I am aware of where that is possible.  I just want that stopped.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Thoughts: man sucks for Wyoming.  So sorry Peedee.

I am not sure what to think about Texas.  They cannot really run the ball or dominate New Mexico?  I mean yes they won 45-0 but that was just a puzzling performance.  How good are these guys?  I still do not know.

Oh and justice was served.

Nebraska lost
Missouri lost
Texas A&M lost

Fuck you guys.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

dps

Quote from: Valmy on September 08, 2012, 11:36:03 PM
The problem is there will always be yahoos like you who look at nothing but wins and losses.

History has sort of proven us yahoos were correct with one exception.  It seems yahoos like you are impervious to history.  But really even if I did not have history behind me I would still feel this way.

It just annoys me that in this game you can go undefeated, including the postseason, and not be the champs.  This is the only sport in the entire world I am aware of where that is possible.  I just want that stopped.

You do realize that a 4-team playoff won't change that, right?  There could easily be 5 or more undefeated teams.  And there's no guarantee that the selection committee won't take a 1-loss team over an undefeated team, either.