News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '12-13

Started by grumbler, June 02, 2012, 03:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Sacramento State is becoming the Pac-12 killers.  A year after beating the Beavers in Corvallis they go to Boulder and beat Colorado.

Man, Utah lost to Utah State too.  The Pac-12 really needed that win by OSU.

sbr

Sorry, not gonna go MadBurgerMaker and do 15 edits to my last post.

Oregon had another very good first half, and another very average (or worse) second half.  This time they left their starters in for most of the game and were out scored 22-7.  Not good, but they still have time to improve, which is the only decent thing about the ducks crappy schedule this year.

UCLA is looking very good against Nebraska.  I liked the Mora Jr hire at the time and it looks like a real football team out there, unlike UCLA from the last couple of years under Neuheisal.  Another upset of a ranked Big Ten team would be great.

Really Washington, 41-3?  I thought they would at least show up.

Let's see what the Arizona schools can do tonight.

Good lord, WSU only beat Eastern Washington by 4.

Ed Anger

Bo pelini is gonna get his ass fired.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

EWU is good team.
Huskies looked like ugh.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: sbr on September 08, 2012, 09:38:53 PM
Sorry, not gonna go MadBurgerMaker and do 15 edits to my last post.

:D  The edit button is my friend.

As I typed that, touchdown Texas. 

sbr

Savannah State is now 0-2 and been out scored 139-0.  :huh:

dps

Quote from: grumbler on September 08, 2012, 06:00:32 PM
Wow, does the Big Ten suck again this year, or what?

It's really hard to say what teams in the conference are any good, if any of them are.

Michigan State looks like they're at least decent.

Ohio State looks pretty good, but with the NCAA penalties against them, they're basically in the place of playing spoiler for other teams.

sbr

Quote from: katmai on September 08, 2012, 09:48:12 PM
EWU is good team.
Huskies looked like ugh.

EWU has always been a good 1-AA team but they should not be able to compete with a Pac-12 team.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: sbr on September 08, 2012, 09:49:30 PM
Savannah State is now 0-2 and been out scored 139-0.  :huh:

Also +$600,000 or something like that.  They mentioned it on Gameday this morning (ESPN has apparently decided to suddenly be all mad about bodybag games).

jimmy olsen

The way the new playoff system is set up there will be a lot fewer in the future since it factors in strength of schedule.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 08, 2012, 09:53:21 PM
The way the new playoff system is set up there will be a lot fewer in the future since it factors in strength of schedule.

Not necessarily, the committee hasn't been named and we don't know how much strength of schedule will matter.  The problem is there will always be yahoos like you who look at nothing but wins and losses.

Hoy shit Nebraska you might block the middle linebacker when you are in your own end zone.

Ed Anger

I'm worried Braxton Miller is gonna get nicked up by the time the end of the season comes. Kid is doing good, but is having to rush waaaaay too much and is already taking some licks.

katmai

Sbr they took UW to last seconds last year and won the 1-AA champ two years ago.
And it is Wazzu.

Arkansas looks like about to be upset by UL-Monroe.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Coach Klein got his mojo back.