News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '12-13

Started by grumbler, June 02, 2012, 03:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

And so far, it's a tight race to see if South Carolina can turn the ball over more often than Vandy lines up in a illegal formation.

CountDeMoney

Awesome linebacker play; sniffed that one out last week.

MadBurgerMaker

Uh oh.  SCAR starting QB is on the sidelines in a lot of pain.  He broke a little sooner than I thought he would, running like a wannabe white Lattimore and all.

MadBurgerMaker

The SCAR backup...uh...doesn't look so good.

E: lol @ Paul Rudd vs Ray Lewis

CountDeMoney

Yeah, that wasn't pretty at all.

MadBurgerMaker

Oh man.  Already a bigtime screwup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmmnRS1tVrk

Dude went a LONG way in the wrong direction, and even had guys blocking for him.  And hell, the guys on the other team should have let him go.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 30, 2012, 08:18:46 PM
And hell, the guys on the other team should have let him go.

Yeah, that's my alma mater.  Go Tigers.  :blush:

MadBurgerMaker

The Pirate sails again right now.  Fuck Adam James.  Fuck Craig James.  Fuck ESPN.  Leach rules.

e: OH GOD NO Joe Tessitore and Matt Millen.  Seriously, fuck ESPN.

dps

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 30, 2012, 09:19:56 PM
The Pirate sails again right now.  Fuck Adam James.  Fuck Craig James.  Fuck ESPN.  Leach rules.

Could be worse--could be NBC Sports. 

You know, I'm not sure if ND football is still important enough or relevant enough to have it's own TV deal, but ND is classy enough that if they're going to have their own TV deal, they deserve a better partner than NBC.

And speaking of ND, what do you think of Alan Pinckett's "criminal" remark, Seedy?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on August 30, 2012, 09:53:33 PM
And speaking of ND, what do you think of Alan Pinckett's "criminal" remark, Seedy?

He had a point.  Granted, it was the one on top of his head, but a point nonetheless.  :lol:

Nature of the modern game.

FunkMonk

Crap I don't have the longhorn network.  :(

Looks like Internet stream for me.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

MadBurgerMaker

Well holy shit, it looks like Chip Brown was right for the first time in his life.  The Longhorn Network is now on U-verse, channel 1609.

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 31, 2012, 05:00:47 AM
Well holy shit, it looks like Chip Brown was right for the first time in his life.  The Longhorn Network is now on U-verse, channel 1609.

What is the hating on Chip?  I enjoy his articles and listened to him on the radio I think he is usually spot on.  Is there some big thing he was wrong about I am supposed to be appaled at :P

But yeah huge win for the LHN today.

My son David really did me proud last night.  He saw the S Carolina-Vandy game on and ran at the TV saying 'football!  football!' and then ran off and grabbed his football and started throwing it around the house.  I was not really sure what to say...I guess it is in the soil out here in Texas.

Oh and here is your Bill in Sinton post of the week:

QuoteThis is the start of a new season this Saturday. I know some of us (myself included) won't be able to see it because of LSN but we need to support our team as best we can. Those going to the game know what to do. The rest of us will be adding to the synergy in our support of the Horns. Those in Austin also know what to do. We must start the synergy for our team. Remember Wyoming gave us a hard in Austin in 1977 before we finally won 17 to 3 so we must encourage our team. We need to be careful and calm and get off on the right foot. Go Horns! Fight and Win! Beat Wyoming!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 30, 2012, 09:19:56 PM

I still giggle over the Baylor-UW Bowl Game where they had some famous ex-linebacker commentating and the defense was so bad you could actually hear him trying to restrain his gag reflex.  It wasn't Millen though.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

I think the last time I got mad at a football commentator was the early 90s.  Starting about mid-season 1993 Lee Corso kept picking WVU to lose each game it played.  Not only that, he always said "[OPPONENT] in a big way over West Virginia".  I swear I think he even picked Temple to beat them.  They ended up going 11-0 in the regular season that year.

Nowadays I just can't get too worked up about it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall