News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '12-13

Started by grumbler, June 02, 2012, 03:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on August 27, 2012, 03:38:07 AM
I'm watching the 30 for 30 on The U (Miami).  What the hell  is wrong with Bernie Kosar, is he drunk or have some kind of brain damage?

You play behind that criminal offensive line Belichick forced on him for a few years, you'd be a little punch drunk too.

derspiess

Quote from: grumbler on August 21, 2012, 05:41:51 AM
Usually it is the offensive linemen who are the ones getting the better degrees, I think.

They also usually tend to score higher than other positions in the NFL on the Wonderlic test, IIRC.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

My kid seems to keep wanting me to buy him Buckeye stuff.  I acquiesced yesterday & bought him a t-shirt.  I may get him a jersey if I can think of something to use it as an incentive for.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 28, 2012, 03:34:53 PM
ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

I'm neutral on Ohio State, but I wouldn't mind if he ended up going there.  Plus I respect the tradition, which is why I let him wear that Archie Griffin jersey when he was 2.

Ed Anger

I assume he finds Brutus groovy. That mascot tends to suck 'em in early.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 28, 2012, 03:44:34 PM

That, plus the fact that I told him early-on that he's a native-born Buckeye and now he thinks that everything "Buckeye" is automatically the best.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on August 28, 2012, 03:38:25 PM
Plus I respect the tradition, which is why I let him wear that Archie Griffin jersey when he was 2.

You failed to mention it was Archie's Bengals jersey.  :ph34r:

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on August 28, 2012, 04:23:16 PM

That, plus the fact that I told him early-on that he's a native-born Buckeye and now he thinks that everything "Buckeye" is automatically the best.

*takes notes on sports indoctrination*
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 28, 2012, 04:25:14 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 28, 2012, 03:38:25 PM
Plus I respect the tradition, which is why I let him wear that Archie Griffin jersey when he was 2.

You failed to mention it was Archie's Bengals jersey.  :ph34r:

:lol:  I've never looked, but I'm guessing that would be a tough throw-back jersey to find anywhere.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on August 28, 2012, 04:23:16 PM

Which it is. :yes:

Make sure you feed him buckeye candy in the fall. RESPECT THE TRADITION.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 28, 2012, 03:34:53 PM
ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Being half-Mexican, he's unlikely to become a top prospect though.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 29, 2012, 12:14:47 AM
Being half-Mexican, he's unlikely to become a top prospect though.

Natural tight ends.

MadBurgerMaker

Future NCAA player news:

They've decided it would be a good idea to televise my old high schools first game vs. their big rivals.  They've got a splash screen, sponsor, facebook page, and all that shit. 

:rolleyes:  Lame.  They should change the name.  It has only been going on for 30 years, so no biggie.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers