News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '12-13

Started by grumbler, June 02, 2012, 03:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Yeah, one of the starting safeties for Wyoming last year was 3.6 in Civil Engineering, set to graduate early.

Jesus, that just makes my head hurt.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on August 20, 2012, 07:02:57 PM
Yeah, one of the starting safeties for Wyoming last year was 3.6 in Civil Engineering, set to graduate early.

Wyoming has an Engineering department?  Impressive.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on August 20, 2012, 09:50:20 PM

Wyoming has an Engineering department?  Impressive.

They need people to construct bridges. Like this one:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on August 20, 2012, 06:25:30 PM
Quote from: grumbler on August 20, 2012, 03:34:11 PMExactly.  But you don't even need that; you can just google for the answer. It's been addressed on the 'net several times since Harbaugh claimed it wasn't true.

Ah yes, the famed "I don't actually know the specifics of my assertion but I'm sure google supports me" argument.

Pretty much like every argument of yours.  You have given no specifics, either, just some "I read several years ago" stuff.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

The fact that he is a safety boggles my mind.  Usually it is the offensive linemen who are the ones getting the better degrees, I think.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

PDH

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 20, 2012, 10:22:15 PM

They need people to construct bridges. Like this one:

Pfft, the Indians built that.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

MadBurgerMaker

Hey Incarnate Word (local private Catholic school) is moving up to the Southland Conference!  Bigtime football in SA!  C-USA and Southland!  Woo!

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/08/20/incarnate-word-joining-southland-conference/

StMU is still DII without football though.  Welp. 

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 21, 2012, 08:14:04 PM
Hey Incarnate Word (local private Catholic school) is moving up to the Southland Conference!

I approve.  :pope:

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Things people will do for attention.  :rolleyes:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

It looks like the elephant is bursting out of his back.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

dps

$1700?  I've bought cars for less.

sbr

Just got done watching a special on the '82 Cal-Stanford game from Pac-12 network.  The band running onto the field is funny every time, no matter how many times I see it.

The game seemed significantly slower and less violent than today's game, though those 2 teams weren't all that good.

Officiating hasn't gotten much worse, there were some brutal calls in the game.

Despite all the hype, I'm not sold on this Eway kid.  I don't think he makes it at the next level.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on August 26, 2012, 06:10:43 PM
Despite all the hype, I'm not sold on this Eway kid.  I don't think he makes it at the next level.

Yeah, he should stick with baseball, where his talents really are.

sbr

I'm watching the 30 for 30 on The U (Miami).  What the hell  is wrong with Bernie Kosar, is he drunk or have some kind of brain damage?