News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '12-13

Started by grumbler, June 02, 2012, 03:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

I can see it statistically when you're inside, say five yards of the marker. But if you're backed out of position with something like a 4th and 20, the odds have to be against you there. I can see an "always go for it in short yardage situations" strategy maybe.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

4th and 30 from the 2 yard line.  OMG Stat nerds say we should go fer it!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 14, 2012, 12:32:48 PM
I can see it statistically when you're inside, say five yards of the marker. But if you're backed out of position with something like a 4th and 20, the odds have to be against you there. I can see an "always go for it in short yardage situations" strategy maybe.

Maybe not when you're at your own 2 yard line.  But I can see how if you're at midfield it might make more sense to go for it on 4th down, even if it is 4th and 10.

Notice I said might - I haven't run the numbers myself.  But those midfield punts almost always seem to end up with the other team back in the same position within a few plays.  Plus there's always the small chance of a punt return coming back for a touchdown.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

I was watching Sports Center, and got a major Urban Meyer boner.

I wish the damn season would hurry up and start. Dammit.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

Ed Anger

ND sucks. Timmay Taint doesn't wash off.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

MadBurgerMaker

Idaho going indy in football, Big Sky for everything else.  The WAC might be done as a conference period, instead of just as a football conference.

MadBurgerMaker

Oh, speaking of new uniforms....for PDH: 

sbr

CYO would be more appropriate to the talent level. :P

sbr

Watching a replay of the 2009 Oregon Arizona football game on pac-12 network.  This was a great game, double ot iirc.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: sbr on August 16, 2012, 11:43:45 PM
Watching a replay of the 2009 Oregon Arizona football game on pac-12 network.  This was a great game, double ot iirc.

Doesn't seem to be on DirecTV yet, and I can't watch it online unless I have Cox, TWC (not happening ever), or Brighthouse.  Annoying.

Berkut

Quote from: sbr on August 16, 2012, 11:43:45 PM

Was that the one that the students rushed the field when it looked like Arizona had won, and then they scored to push it into OT?

That was an amazing game, right up until the part where the good guys lost and the Nike-U won.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Barrister

Dead God - ND has absolutely iconic helmets.  Why fuck with those?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.