News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '12-13

Started by grumbler, June 02, 2012, 03:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

You'll get credit for the 'Bama win, how about that.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

dps

Quote from: Neil on January 02, 2013, 11:32:23 PM
Question:  Is the SEC a bunch of bitches, or are they just not good at football?

They're sure not having a good bowl season.  Yeah, Georgia and South Carolina got wins, but that was against Big 10 teams, and we know how they tank in bowl season, and Vandy won (good for them), but beating an ACC team is only impressive when it's in basketball.

Eddie Teach

The SEC is the worst conference in college football, except for all the others.

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 05, 2013, 05:24:07 PM
The SEC is the worst conference in college football, except for all the others.

Yeah the Big 12 certainly had a nightmarish Bowl season.  Thank goodness Baylor and Texas pulled out their games or it really would have been ugly.  K-State and OU got humiliated and WV, TCU, and Iowa State all lost to inferior opponents.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

If only the Big 12 could have great teams like Texas A&M in them!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

Conference cheerleading is for suckers.  Texas won.  Fuck everyone else.

E:
QuoteIf only the Big 12 could have great teams like Texas A&M in them!

The Big 12 has Texas.  A&M can go be 5th-ish somewhere else.

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 06, 2013, 12:59:03 AM
If only the Big 12 could have great teams like Texas A&M in them!

Heh when they were in the Big 12 they choked in every single bowl.  They were by far the worst performing and most underachieving  team in the Big 12.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 06, 2013, 01:01:15 AM
Conference cheerleading is for suckers.  Texas won.  Fuck everyone else.

Yeah well it is what I do.  I was raised as a SWC guy and have been a Big 12 guy ever since 1996. 

Eddie Teach

They didn't have "Johnny Football" playing for them when they were in the Big 12.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on January 06, 2013, 01:04:19 AM
Yeah well it is what I do.  I was raised as a SWC guy and have been a Big 12 guy ever since 1996.

I was raised as a Longhorns fan.  The SWC was something to win, not cheer for.  Same thing with the Big 12.

E:  Speaking of winning the SWC and A&M, this opportunity should be taken to say: Scoreboard forever there too.

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 06, 2013, 01:05:07 AM
They didn't have "Johnny Football" playing for them when they were in the Big 12.

Yeah but they had plenty of really good QBs...granted not Heisman Trophy winning ones but they got QBs into the NFL.

MadBurgerMaker

Tannehill is doing pretty well.  Whatever happened to Reggie McNeil?

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 06, 2013, 01:06:33 AM
I was raised as a Longhorns fan.  The SWC was something to win, not cheer for.  Same thing with the Big 12.

E:  Speaking of winning the SWC and A&M, this opportunity should be taken to say: Scoreboard forever there too.

Well to me it is both.  But I regard conference rooting as just a form of entertainment, cheering for Texas is serious business.

Yeah Texas has lots of scorboard on A&M but it never really matters to them man.  Even when Texas beating them 8 times in a row or whatever A&M fans would still gloat 't.u. sucks and so do u LOL'.  The only school that is insufferable in victory and defeat.  So glad Texas is taking a long break from playing them I do not miss it at all.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on January 06, 2013, 01:14:09 AM
Well to me it is both.  But I regard conference rooting as just a form of entertainment, cheering for Texas is serious business.

I cheer for teams I generally like over teams I generally don't like/hate.  It doesn't matter what conference they play for, and I don't really buy into conference bowl records being an indication of a whole helluva lot. 

E: As far as the Big 12 goes, I don't have anything against Iowa State, even though that's were the Rosencopter came from, or WVU.  The Toads played Michigan State, who I loathe, so that sucked when they lost.

QuoteYeah Texas has lots of scorboard on A&M but it never really matters to them man.  Even when Texas beating them 8 times in a row or whatever A&M fans would still gloat 't.u. sucks and so do u LOL'.  The only school that is insufferable in victory and defeat.  So glad Texas is taking a long break from playing them I do not miss it at all.

It's really refreshing.  I'll say though, I was hoping they'd beat OU, because, well, it's OU, and fuck them forever.

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 06, 2013, 01:19:55 AM
I cheer for teams I generally like over teams I generally don't like/hate.  It doesn't matter what conference they play for, and I don't really buy into conference bowl records being an indication of a whole helluva lot. 

I don't know man.  The enormous prestige the Big 10 enjoyed for so long as the 'best conference' was a real pain for Texas as far as their players getting respect and rep for national awards and the Big 10 schools would swoop in and get great Texas players from time to time.  And now it is even more so and on steroids with the ESPN hype machine behind the SEC.  I think it does impact Texas.  But to be fair to your point, if Texas wins all its games it really does not matter that much what conference Texas is in.