Green Lantern relaunched as brave, mighty and gay

Started by garbon, June 01, 2012, 09:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: katmai on June 02, 2012, 08:34:23 PM
You always told me i was the bottom!

It isn't nearly late enough in the evening for us to hear about your sex play. :x
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: katmai on June 02, 2012, 07:37:23 PM
To paraphrase Big Bang Theory. "To defeat all the green lanterns one only needs a #2 Pencil."
The ring can overcome yellow so long as the user can master his fear.  So your wannabe-nerd faggot show fails at being nerdy.  LULZ.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Syt

Quote from: Neil on June 03, 2012, 01:00:46 AM
To paraphrase Big Bang Theory. "To defeat all the green lanterns one only needs a #2 Pencil."
The ring can overcome yellow so long as the user can master his fear.  So your wannabe-nerd faggot show fails at being nerdy.  LULZ.

You're referring to a yellow pencil? :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

It is Neil, you know a classic example of the shitty educational system that is Alberta.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: katmai on June 02, 2012, 08:34:23 PM
You always told me i was the bottom!
CLearly you are now the top.  Enjoy it. I guess? Vomit.
PDH!

Razgovory

But can he master his wood?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: Syt on June 03, 2012, 01:07:47 AM
You're referring to a yellow pencil? :unsure:
Yes, that's the joke from the show.  The yellow paint on the pencil (allegedly) makes it proof against the space cop Green Lanterns, while the woodenness allows it to defeat the Golden Age GL.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josquius

Given the shittyness of the Green Lantern film I can't help but feel this is a back handed smear against gay people.
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

I actually went ahead and read Earth 2, and since you goofballs aren't going to despite making a four page thread about Gay Lantern, I figured I'd review it briefly.  It's 1)rather good and 2)the JSA appear to be getting rebooted in such a way that Alan Scott's desire for cock isn't that big of a deal, or even close the biggest change.

Alan Scott actually seems much like the Alan Scott portrayed in James Robinson's Golden Age--a rich, distant asshole who, unlike, for example, Batman, is still basically sound of mind and good-hearted--which is great.  It's still a bogus PR move on DC's part to court any press that the Green Lantern who isn't really a Green Lantern as it is ordinarily understood is gay, but it seems likely that on Earth 2 Green Lantern will be the most powerful and most important of that world's heroes, so having Scott be gay is potentially interesting, especially if he eschews a secret identity.  So far there's no particular reason for him to adopt one, and they're going for a bit of a Tony Stark-like feel to him, I think.  So, yeah, I'll probably get the next issue, see how that goes.  I'll let you know if he sucks some dick.  (But whose dick would he suck?  My money's on Wildcat, because you know Wildcat would be a top, and I think making the world's most powerful man a bottom is the funniest way to go.)

Presently, I'm far more concerned about how Joan (not-)Garrick has been rebooted as a complete and utter cunt who needs to die in a threshing machine. :(  But at least Jay Garrick's origin as the Flash is no longer the completely retarded origin he previously had--and I mean retarded, even by Golden Age origin standards--so that's a plus!

P.S. [spoiler] Robinson ruins what should have been a great shock open by announcing it on the title page: the JSA guys are the only superhumans on Earth 2 in the present day, but the first superheroes of Earth 2 are still Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman.  They totally fucking die, which is awesome.  What is not awesome is having the narration tell you that it's their "last adventure" before Steppenwolf, Darkseid's dad, royally murders their shit.  I mean, I knew it, because I'd read about the comic before buying the comic; but if I had not previously spoiled myself, I can't imagine how ripped off I would feel if I had not and James Robinson just up and fucked my surprise.[/spoiler]
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Martinus on June 02, 2012, 03:14:54 AM
How the hell is it retconning? He was in the closet and he came out - that's not retconning anything.

Oh, and I just wanted to quote this, because Martinus talking shit without knowing of which he speaks must be invariably noted. :P

Although it's not a retcon, true.  It's a full-on reboot.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

But perhaps they're simply ignoring Geoff Johns as the soulless comic-making monster he is, refusing to acknowledge his bullshit, thereby being even greater nerds?

Then again, I don't watch the show, but I think I read some off-hand comment once about one of those geeks wearing a Star Sapphire shirt, which would make him a hypocrite and also lame.
Kinemalogue

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 01, 2012, 05:39:55 PM
I'd pay to see Jubilee take a strap on from that cajun girl whatever her name was.

Correction: Jubilee taking it from Harley Quinn.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive