Citizens United in getting Assraped: GOP PACs plan a record $1B+ election spree

Started by CountDeMoney, May 30, 2012, 07:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on May 30, 2012, 09:38:37 PM
Btw, why the hell aren't we hearing anything about the Wisconsin recall election these days?  :lol:

I give up.  Why? :unsure:

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 30, 2012, 09:52:13 PM
Btw, why the hell aren't we hearing anything about the Wisconsin recall election these days?  :lol:

Answer: Because Walker looks likely to win.  It was a huge deal in the press a few weeks ago, but now we're hearing why it's not such a big deal.  If Walker does win, the whole recall effort will end up being a colossal waste of time & money, all thanks to the Democrats and their union thug allies.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

My God our elections waste so much time and resources.  Ah well.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on May 30, 2012, 10:05:23 PM
Answer: Because Walker looks likely to win.  It was a huge deal in the press a few weeks ago, but now we're hearing why it's not such a big deal.  If Walker does win, the whole recall effort will end up being a colossal waste of time & money, all thanks to the Democrats and their union thug allies.

Interesting.  I thought polls had them pretty close.

What kind of poll lead we talking here?  6, 7 points?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on May 30, 2012, 10:05:23 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 30, 2012, 09:52:13 PM

Far from a done deal, foetus loever.  I did hear that he transferred quite a bit from his legal defense fund to the campaign, though.

Quotetheir union thug allies.

:lol: Billionaires are trying to fuck you over in so many ways you don't even see it, and you're bitching about teachers.   :lol:  So typical.  Sucker.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 30, 2012, 10:10:12 PM
:lol: Billionaires are trying to fuck you over in so many ways you don't even see it, and you're bitching about teachers.   :lol:  So typical.  Sucker.
To be fair, both groups hate you about the same, and want nothing more than to fuck you over.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on May 30, 2012, 10:19:52 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 30, 2012, 10:10:12 PM
To be fair, both groups hate you about the same, and want nothing more than to fuck you over.

Explain to me how unions are trying to fuck me over by protecting themselves.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 30, 2012, 10:21:33 PM

That's easy: by taking money out of your pocket or bankrupting your state government.

Please explain to me how the Koch brothers are fucking me over.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 30, 2012, 10:23:51 PM

That's easy: by taking money out of your pocket or bankrupting your state government.

I wasn't fucking talking to you.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 30, 2012, 10:07:46 PM
Interesting.  I thought polls had them pretty close.

What kind of poll lead we talking here?  6, 7 points?

Last poll I saw had Walker by 7: http://news.yahoo.com/wisconsins-walker-widens-lead-recall-election-poll-175216641.html

The shit was clearly hitting the fan for Barrett last week when his own campaign's poll had him down by 3 or 4.  Shortly after that was made public, there were all kinds of rumors of Democrats pulling back funding & appearances.

Obama's campaign is certainly distancing itself:

http://news.yahoo.com/wisconsins-walker-widens-lead-recall-election-poll-175216641.html

Quote"This is a gubernatorial race with a guy who was recalled and a challenger trying to get him out of office," Obama deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter said on MSNBC Wednesday. "It has nothing to do with President Obama at the top of the ticket."

Where I disagree with a lot of the over-excited GOP analysts is the effect a Walker win will have in November.  I think it's entirely possible that Walker wins and then Obama takes the state.  I don't see the linkage between the two races, given that they're taking place 5 months apart.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 30, 2012, 10:28:25 PM

What Yi said, then.

Razgovory

Stealing millions of dollars worth of oil on public land.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on May 30, 2012, 10:36:54 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 30, 2012, 10:28:25 PM

What Yi said, then.

:lol:  Even more convenient than my answer.

Neil

By trying to roll back a hundred years of social progress, and by making unions necessary again.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.