And we're back!

Main Menu

Hugo Chavez - Dead as MRF (almost)

Started by MadImmortalMan, May 30, 2012, 12:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 30, 2012, 02:48:06 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 30, 2012, 02:41:40 PM
Why don't you tell me.  While you are at it, why did Republicans fixate on Chavez?

The reason I don't tell you is because I don't think they need one.

As to Chavez, your question is based on a flawed premise.

For people who don't need bogymen they certainly fixate on a bunch of them.

What is the flawed premise?  That Republicans didn't fixate on them?  I can't think of any other leader in Latin American besides Castro that Republicans have mentioned so much.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Why don't you tell me.  While you are at it, why did Republicans fixate on Chavez?
Are they really that fixated on him?  They'll mention him scornfully once in a while, but it's not like he doesn't deserve it.

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on May 30, 2012, 02:59:56 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 30, 2012, 02:07:57 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 30, 2012, 02:05:38 PM
Looks like Republicans will need to find a new bogyman.

Why do Republicans need a bogeyman at all?

I think Chavez is far, far more fixated on the US than anyone in the US is fixated on Chavez...

True, but irrelevant.  A lot of countries fixate on the US.  The US is the most powerful country in the world.  You noticed the guys above you.  You don't care nearly as much as about people below you.  Does anyone here know who the head of state is for Costa Rica off the top of their heads?  What about Chad?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

MadImmortalMan

I think Chavez is far, far more fixated on the US than anyone in the US is fixated on Chavez...

They should bury him facing Texas to he can keep vigil.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on May 30, 2012, 03:03:34 PM
Are they really that fixated on him?  They'll mention him scornfully once in a while, but it's not like he doesn't deserve it.

I remember on Pdox conservatives were worried he was going to invade the US. 

Valmy

Wow Raz has made DG defend the Republicans.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Getting the feeling Raz is coming out of the closet as a Chavez fanboy.  Who'd a'thunk it?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on May 30, 2012, 03:06:46 PM

I remember on Pdox conservatives were worried he was going to invade the US.
That sounds way too farfetched to be anything other than musings of a couple of retards.  When it comes to conservative retards, Paradox paradoxically has a number of good ones.

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on May 30, 2012, 03:07:03 PM

Nah, I'm just building up the dossier of moderate things I said, to present to Berkut for the next debate.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on May 30, 2012, 03:07:03 PM

Guller was stung by Berkut's accusation of radical fringedom.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on May 30, 2012, 03:10:23 PM
Getting the feeling Raz is coming out of the closet as a Chavez fanboy.  Who'd a'thunk it?

I don't think about much one way or the other.  Why should I?

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on May 30, 2012, 03:11:56 PM

That sounds way too farfetched to be anything other than musings of a couple of retards.  When it comes to conservative retards, Paradox paradoxically has a number of good ones.

I figured it was part of those UN conspiracy theories.

Josephus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 30, 2012, 02:07:57 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 30, 2012, 02:05:38 PM
Looks like Republicans will need to find a new bogyman.

Why do Republicans need a bogeyman at all?

True. The US is still fixated on Cuba.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on May 30, 2012, 03:40:01 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 30, 2012, 03:10:23 PM

I don't think about much one way or the other.  Why should I?

He's a leftist like yourself.  You should love him.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Josephus on May 30, 2012, 03:52:34 PM
True. The US is still fixated on Cuba.

Not really.  We don't pay nearly the attention to them that they pay to us. 

And yes, I read Granma and other Cuban publications from time to time.