News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hugo Chavez - Dead as MRF (almost)

Started by MadImmortalMan, May 30, 2012, 12:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Dan Rather
"This reporter has been told that Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has metastatic rhabdomyosarcoma, an aggressive cancer that has 'entered the end stage.'  The information and the quote come from a highly respected source close to Chavez and who is in a position to know his medical condition and history. This source says the prognosis is dire and that Chavez is now not expected to live 'more than a couple of months at most.'  Chavez is running for re-election in Venezuela but several sources--including the one who revealed the exact kind of cancer-- have told me that they believe it is doubtful the dictator will live to see the results.

I didn't know Dan Rather was still working, but hey.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

Cindy Sheehan better get cracking on her eulogy poem.

derspiess

Cool, so now Venezuela can have their own Eternal Leader.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

I look forward to all the conspiracy theories.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

MiM,
Rather has hour long news show on HDNet channel.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on May 30, 2012, 12:55:15 PM
MiM,

And he still fucking rocks.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 30, 2012, 01:04:07 PM
Quote from: katmai on May 30, 2012, 12:55:15 PM
MiM,

And he still fucking rocks.

I'm sure you've been in love with him since Rathergate.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on May 30, 2012, 01:16:03 PM
I'm sure you've been in love with him since Rathergate.

I've been in love with him since Gunga Dan.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 30, 2012, 12:51:32 PM
Cindy Sheehan better get cracking on her eulogy poem.

Looks like Republicans will need to find a new bogyman.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on May 30, 2012, 02:05:38 PM

Why do Republicans need a bogeyman at all?

DontSayBanana

Not until January 20, 2013, at least. ;)
Experience bij!

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 30, 2012, 02:07:57 PM

Why don't you tell me.  While you are at it, why did Republicans fixate on Chavez?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on May 30, 2012, 02:41:40 PM
Why don't you tell me.  While you are at it, why did Republicans fixate on Chavez?

The reason I don't tell you is because I don't think they need one.

As to Chavez, your question is based on a flawed premise.

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on May 30, 2012, 02:41:40 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 30, 2012, 02:07:57 PM

I think Chavez is far, far more fixated on the US than anyone in the US is fixated on Chavez...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.