"And the Lord did spaketh unto him, and...Ow, fuck! I'm dead!"

Started by CountDeMoney, May 29, 2012, 11:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 30, 2012, 08:43:31 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 30, 2012, 08:34:49 AM
How's Derspeiss holding up?  I hope he doesn't take the news to hard.

Snake didn't bite any fetuses, so I'm sure he's cool.

They are his people.  I thought he'd be put out.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

CountDeMoney

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on May 30, 2012, 09:56:48 AM
I've been through Bluefield, and no, it isn't one of those abandoned mining cities.

Nah, it's still breathing, but what's fascinating about it is how the center of the town has developed on both slopes of the valley, with all the railroad and coal distribution development dividing it all at the bottom.  You've got predominantly commercial and business on one side with some of the better residential areas, and the crappy, low-income neighborhoods on the other--and because of their tremendous drug problems, and the way the town has three or four main bridges to go over the tracks at the center, it's difficult for the po-po to respond to calls for open-air slinging in time, since they can see them coming.

We were looking at the heavy traffic houses through binoculars on the roof of the police department, and there was a known dealer on his porch, looking right back at us in his.  It was like being on the DMZ.  :lol:

derspiess

My best friend's dad is from Bluefield (and he also has or had family all the way out in Matoaka) & I was there about a year & a half ago for his funeral.  The street he lived on is straight out of Leave it to Beaver & from what I hear, the whole town was like that at one point.  My buddy and his brother both agree that the town is going to shit.  I think the only nice town in southern WV is Lewisburg.

The town tends to produce some really good college basketball players, FWIW.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on May 30, 2012, 10:21:43 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 30, 2012, 08:43:31 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 30, 2012, 08:34:49 AM
How's Derspeiss holding up?  I hope he doesn't take the news to hard.

Snake didn't bite any fetuses, so I'm sure he's cool.

They are his people.  I thought he'd be put out.

I don't claim responsibility for all non-Catholic Christian sects.  Snake handlers, Mormons, etc. are out of my jurisdiction.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on May 30, 2012, 10:45:10 AM
I don't claim responsibility for all non-Catholic Christian sects.  Snake handlers, Mormons, etc. are out of my jurisdiction.
Don't worry, we'll find something that'll stick.  :)

Valmy

Really he only represents the Methodists and their quality bake sales.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: DGuller on May 30, 2012, 10:49:45 AM

Sticky like your blueberry habit.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

The blueberry habit is one of the fruitier outfits for nuns.

DGuller

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 30, 2012, 11:18:45 AM
Quote from: DGuller on May 30, 2012, 10:49:45 AM

Sticky like your blueberry habit.
What's wrong with my blueberry habit?  :mad:

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on May 30, 2012, 10:43:34 AM
My best friend's dad is from Bluefield (and he also has or had family all the way out in Matoaka) & I was there about a year & a half ago for his funeral.  The street he lived on is straight out of Leave it to Beaver & from what I hear, the whole town was like that at one point.  My buddy and his brother both agree that the town is going to shit.  I think the only nice town in southern WV is Lewisburg.

The town tends to produce some really good college basketball players, FWIW.

The area down by that little bible college seemed nice, IIRC.  I'd go there for a BS is Snake Charming.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 30, 2012, 12:35:06 PM
The area down by that little bible college seemed nice, IIRC.  I'd go there for a BS is Snake Charming.

What was it you were down there for? 

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on May 30, 2012, 12:47:20 PM

Was doing consultancy and installation work for the police department many years ago;  we wound up doing some pole can covert camera installations to cover some of the slinger streets, get out-of-state tags, etc.
I was the guy up in the bucket that looked like he was working on the lines.  :ph34r:

But that was a loooong time ago.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 30, 2012, 01:09:11 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 30, 2012, 12:47:20 PM

Was doing consultancy and installation work for the police department many years ago;  we wound up doing some pole can covert camera installations to cover some of the slinger streets, get out-of-state tags, etc.
I was the guy up in the bucket that looked like he was working on the lines.  :ph34r:

But that was a loooong time ago.

Cool.  Surprisngly large, erm, urbanite population there, eh?