Labor Polarization: Is this going to be the continued wave of the future?

Started by CountDeMoney, May 27, 2012, 10:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 29, 2012, 01:25:36 PM
I have more issues with the post-boomers to be honest.

Then you are wrong and should feel bad.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 29, 2012, 01:22:48 PM
Quote from: Neil on May 29, 2012, 12:45:40 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 29, 2012, 12:08:55 PM
Quote from: Neil on May 29, 2012, 10:23:22 AM
People like Grey Fox and the Quebec students ruin it for pretty much everybody else.  Because their concerns are so trivial and he's so willing to resort to violence and goonery over such irrelevant matters, they de-legitimize the entire struggle.  Even as things get worse, nobody wants their cause to be associated with a bunch of whiny, idiotic college students.
Written like a true Babyboomer.
Except I'm not.
Yet you've adopted every caractheristic of theirs.
Not at all.  Hating entitled students who feel like they're doing the world a favour by getting a degree in fine arts or philosophy is not exclusive to the baby boomers.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Yeah?  What did the post-boomers ever do to you, other than give up all hope for the future?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Sheilbh

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 29, 2012, 01:42:06 PM

Hey, fuck you.
:lol:  You've just bitched about the boomers, read Brett Easton Ellis novels and all tried to become property developers.  Post-boomers caused so many more problems, what's worse they whine about it.  Endlessly.
Let's bomb Russia!

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

I don't know why certain generations get called out.  I mean the 'Greatest Generation' was in charge for alot of bad ideas that have gotten tossed around.  It really was a team effort.  ONLY THE UNBORN ARE INNOCENT
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on May 29, 2012, 03:02:07 PMI don't know why certain generations get called out.  I mean the 'Greatest Generation' was in charge for alot of bad ideas that have gotten tossed around.  It really was a team effort.  ONLY THE UNBORN ARE INNOCENT

Yeah.

I mean, there's definitely value at looking at the decisions and social organization of a particular time, and how that shaped events and policies afterwards.

But personalizing it like you see with the whole "people of [specific generation] are all like this and they ruined everything" is just dumb.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Valmy on May 29, 2012, 03:02:07 PM

I don't know why certain generations get called out. 

Most don't. But one has had a lock on power for decades as they are too big a voting bloc to counter.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 29, 2012, 01:55:54 PM

Hey, fuck you.
:lol:  You've just bitched about the boomers, read Brett Easton Ellis novels and all tried to become property developers.  Post-boomers caused so many more problems, what's worse they whine about it.  Endlessly.

Care to give us a few examples?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 29, 2012, 01:55:54 PM

Hey, fuck you.

They've both sold my generation and all generations after us into slavery, but in fairness the boomers started it and the post-boomers, made weak by the poor parenting they received, simply did their best to fit into the dystopia their predecessors made.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on May 29, 2012, 03:02:07 PM

I don't know why certain generations get called out.  I mean the 'Greatest Generation' was in charge for alot of bad ideas that have gotten tossed around.  It really was a team effort.  ONLY THE UNBORN ARE INNOCENT
This is true.  But there's just been so many rants about the boomers that it's tiring.  And that in itself is an indictment of post-boomers :P
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 30, 2012, 05:48:45 AM
But there's just been so many rants about the boomers that it's tiring.  And that in itself is an indictment of post-boomers :P

They deserve it, you know.  Boomers.  Waste of fucking space and air.*

*My Generation X sensibilities make me *shrug* about it, though.