Labor Polarization: Is this going to be the continued wave of the future?

Started by CountDeMoney, May 27, 2012, 10:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Fargo...

Jesus, it doesn't need more of a put down than that.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Monoriu

Quote from: Neil on May 27, 2012, 11:10:57 PM
But if those who are fortunate want to pretend that they don't live in a community, then the masses have no reason not to kill them.

Why are you so sure that when the have-nots fight with the haves, the former will win?  The haves have (see?) the army, organisation, equipment, resources, and technology to crush the rebellion.  Who knows, maybe in the future, there will be robotic private armies...

Neil

Quote from: Monoriu on May 28, 2012, 09:05:21 PM
Quote from: Neil on May 27, 2012, 11:10:57 PM
But if those who are fortunate want to pretend that they don't live in a community, then the masses have no reason not to kill them.

Why are you so sure that when the have-nots fight with the haves, the former will win?  The haves have (see?) the army, organisation, equipment, resources, and technology to crush the rebellion.  Who knows, maybe in the future, there will be robotic private armies...
Because in the West, the army is built of poor people and they generally don't follow orders that include firing into crowds of their fellow citizens.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

People like Grey Fox and the Quebec students ruin it for pretty much everybody else.  Because their concerns are so trivial and he's so willing to resort to violence and goonery over such irrelevant matters, they de-legitimize the entire struggle.  Even as things get worse, nobody wants their cause to be associated with a bunch of whiny, idiotic college students.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on May 29, 2012, 10:23:22 AM
People like Grey Fox and the Quebec students ruin it for pretty much everybody else.  Because their concerns are so trivial and he's so willing to resort to violence and goonery over such irrelevant matters, they de-legitimize the entire struggle.  Even as things get worse, nobody wants their cause to be associated with a bunch of whiny, idiotic college students.
:yes:

Harper should send in the troops. Or better yet, invoke the 2008 Canada-US defense pact and get a stryker brigade to crush the frogs.

At least I'd get some good television out of it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 29, 2012, 11:52:40 AM
:yes:

Harper should send in the troops. Or better yet, invoke the 2008 Canada-US defense pact and get a stryker brigade to crush the frogs.

At least I'd get some good television out of it.

Bah.  It's Quebec's problem - let Quebec solve it.

Last thing they need is for it to suddenly become a Canada vs quebec issue.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Bah. I'd cream my pants if I saw the Princess Pat's shooting all those gay foxes in the street.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Written like a true Babyboomer.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 28, 2012, 06:10:01 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 28, 2012, 04:28:31 PM
And I like North Dakota. :)  Many fond memories of time spent in Fargo.

I'm sure the weekend crew at the Denny's has fond memories of you as well.

:yes: He tipped 20%
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

I slept through university and when I got my good, hard degree I started hardly working. I did stellar work and switched jobs a couple of times. Now I am considered "rich" by the retarded classes who got their "college degree in communication" and wonder why they can't get high-paying jobs. Jesus Christ.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 29, 2012, 12:08:55 PM
Except I'm not.

The Brain

Quote from: Neil on May 29, 2012, 12:45:40 PM
Except I'm not.

Babydreadnought.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Neil

Quote from: The Brain on May 29, 2012, 12:47:26 PM
Except I'm not.
Babydreadnought.
:lol:

Well done.

Grey Fox

Except I'm not.

Yet you've adopted every caractheristic of theirs.