If I had a time machine, I now know where I'd go.

Started by Fireblade, May 26, 2012, 07:08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

This makes me think worse of Obama, not because of the drug taking, but because of the hypocrisy in power afterwards.  The guy did all sorts of drugs when he was young, and now zealously uses federal power to bring states that have more rational drug laws back in line?  Either he's a hypocrite, a moralist who flip-flopped after quitting drugs, or a cynical politician who over-compensates with drug law enforcement to make people not wonder about his admissions of past use.  None of those explanations are particularly good.

CountDeMoney

Oh, all you stoner sympathizers can blow it out your bongs.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 27, 2012, 01:11:19 AM

Hydrated tobacco devices.  Bongs would be paraferneelia. :contract:

:P
Experience bij!

Sheilbh

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 26, 2012, 10:24:02 PM
Quote from: Jaron on May 26, 2012, 10:16:32 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 26, 2012, 10:10:39 PM
Quote from: Siege on May 26, 2012, 09:58:34 PM
This is a no brainer.

I would go back to the year 611 and cut Mohamed's head and feed it to some random pigs.
Causing a time paradox that erases you and everyone alive from the time space continuum.

There is no such thing as a time paradox.
Oh, do tell, oh master of quantum and temporal physics.
LOVE this :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

sbr

Quote from: DGuller on May 26, 2012, 11:52:03 PM
This makes me think worse of Obama, not because of the drug taking, but because of the hypocrisy in power afterwards.  The guy did all sorts of drugs when he was young, and now zealously uses federal power to bring states that have more rational drug laws back in line?  Either he's a hypocrite, a moralist who flip-flopped after quitting drugs, or a cynical politician who over-compensates with drug law enforcement to make people not wonder about his admissions of past use.  None of those explanations are particularly good.

ISn't it the Federal Government's job to defend Federal laws?  I'm not sure I would want the government to pick and choose which laws to defend based on who is in the White House.

garbon

Quote from: sbr on May 27, 2012, 05:12:57 AM
Quote from: DGuller on May 26, 2012, 11:52:03 PM

ISn't it the Federal Government's job to defend Federal laws?  I'm not sure I would want the government to pick and choose which laws to defend based on who is in the White House.
But he started off saying he wasn't going to be zealous about pot and then began damping up efforts.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on May 27, 2012, 05:12:57 AM

:lol: That's an adorable position.

Admiral Yi

Been a while since you played the cokehead in chief line.

Razgovory

I don't recall Obama ever saying he was planning to layoff the pot heads.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 27, 2012, 04:13:24 PM

At least coke has real benefits (increased productivity) compared to marijuana (munchies).

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 27, 2012, 04:44:29 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 27, 2012, 04:13:24 PM

At least coke has real benefits (increased productivity) compared to marijuana (munchies).

Maybe, but doing coke (snorting a line off of glass) always looked, visually, far more uncultured to me than marijuana (smoking a j).

Now if you throw in some kind of elaborate, hydraulic bong-smoking contraption...then it's all tied up. 

Ed Anger

I know if I had a time machine, I wouldn't be spending time with two stiffs like Obama and Dubya.

Hello, Valeria Messalina.  :menace:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jaron

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 27, 2012, 05:11:56 PM
I know if I had a time machine, I wouldn't be spending time with two stiffs like Obama and Dubya.

Hello, Valeria Messalina.  :menace:

Hi
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Siege

Fuck that. Burst for the future, and bring back a sexbot for Timmay, so he finally finds out what's all the outrage about sex.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Scipio

Quote from: Siege on May 28, 2012, 05:24:47 AM
Fuck that. Burst for the future, and bring back a sexbot for Timmay, so he finally finds out what's all the outrage about sex.
Man, every once in a while, I get reminded why I like Siegey.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt