News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hawaii verifies Obama birth records to Arizona

Started by garbon, May 23, 2012, 08:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 31, 2012, 12:34:53 PM
Every law school has a law review and every law review has an editor.  Do we call them all Legal Scholars(tm)?

Harvard Law Review is not Smokey Mountain Trucking School Law Review.  It is an internationally-recognized publication, and the standard for legal reviews.
That's like saying the editor-in-chief of the New York Times is up there with the Gaithersburg Gazette.

Nice try, hater.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 31, 2012, 12:40:23 PM
Harvard Law Review is not Smokey Mountain Trucking School Law Review.  It is an internationally-recognized publication, and the standard for legal reviews.
That's like saying the editor-in-chief of the New York Times is up there with the Gaithersburg Gazette.

Nice try, hater.

OK, so we reserve Legal Scholar for the editors of IV law reviews?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 31, 2012, 12:42:17 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 31, 2012, 12:40:23 PM

Nice try, hater.

OK, so we reserve Legal Scholar for the editors of IV law reviews?

Obama has a greater amount of legal accomplishments than Uncle Clarence ever did.  Or does.

Yeah, I went there.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 31, 2012, 12:48:03 PM
Obama has a greater amount of legal accomplishments than Uncle Clarence ever did.  Or does.

Yeah, I went there.

You go there almost daily.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Yeah, I went there.
Big deal.  Legal accomplishments aren't real accomplishments.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Yeah, I went there.

Are you referring to that bus line in South Side Chicago he petitioned for, or something else?

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 31, 2012, 01:22:11 PM
Are you referring to that bus line in South Side Chicago he petitioned for, or something else?

Yeah how many buslines did Clarence Thomas put in eh?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

ulmont

Just gonna leave this here:

QuoteSince 2009, [Michael] Tesler has been chronicling what he calls the "racialization" of issues in the Obama era—the extent to which public opinion on topics unrelated to race have taken on a racial cast as Obama has staked out positions on them. Tesler has used polling experiments to identify a series of issues that have become enmeshed in complicated racial attitudes by dint of Obama's association with them: health care reform, taxes, the nomination of Sonia Sotomayor to the Supreme Court. Even Bo Obama fell into this matrix; racists looked less favorably on a picture of the president's dog when they learned the identity of his owner. That part, too, surprised Tesler. "I thought people would have stronger views about dogs than politics," he said.
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/victory_lab/2012/06/racicalization_michael_tesler_s_theory_that_all_political_positions_come_down_to_racial_bias_.single.html

katmai

Careful Ulmont, you are gonna call the wrath of Berkut down upon you.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Razgovory

Quote from: katmai on June 01, 2012, 03:14:55 PM

Actually, I can see Berkut's post now (if he responds).  "Yeah, of course people who don't like Blacks are going to be anti-Obama.".  If he says that, he does have a point.  To really clinch it they need to use other black politicians as well as Obama.  Still it is interesting.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

I don't see why, the cited text is stating the obvious.

Do you think a black racist would tend to look more or less positively on Wubya's dog once they found out the ownership.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

grumbler

I don't see why.  Berkut has never argued that racism doesn't exist.  A study that shows that it exists is scarcely likely to come as news to him.

Even if it is from Slate.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Berkut

Hell, it would be nice to see some actual *evidence*.

But yeah - racist look less favorably on issues supported by the black president? Is that really news?

Who would have thought that your typical racist would be engaging in irrational thinking like that!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on June 01, 2012, 10:07:32 PM
Hell, it would be nice to see some actual *evidence*.

But yeah - racist look less favorably on issues supported by the black president? Is that really news?

Who would have thought that your typical racist would be engaging in irrational thinking like that!

Apparently not Tesler.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.