News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hawaii verifies Obama birth records to Arizona

Started by garbon, May 23, 2012, 08:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Razgovory on May 30, 2012, 03:35:57 PM

So one day it's a legitimate question and the next it's plot by the President to make you look stupid?  How does changing your mind affect that?

Pretty sure he means it's okay to call RL a birther years ago when he was one, but if he later changed his mind it's no longer true to call him a birther.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

Razgovory

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 30, 2012, 03:39:36 PM

So one day it's a legitimate question and the next it's plot by the President to make you look stupid?  How does changing your mind affect that?

Pretty sure he means it's okay to call RL a birther years ago when he was one, but if he later changed his mind it's no longer true to call him a birther.

Fair enough, then he was doing Obama's bidding a few years ago.  Correct?  Unless it only became Obama's plot recently.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Razgovory on May 30, 2012, 03:41:35 PM

Fair enough, then he was doing Obama's bidding a few years ago.  Correct?  Unless it only became Obama's plot recently.

It probably became Obama's plot as soon as Limbaugh realized it was not true.  :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 30, 2012, 03:40:28 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 30, 2012, 03:38:15 PM
I didn't understand what you wrote.

It's Bantu for fuck you.
To be fair, you did leave out a word.  I think it's "think", but I'm not sure.

Razgovory

It's Bantu for fuck you.

I see.  The English phrase "Fuck you".  Means, I concede, you are correct.   Thank you, and come again.

derspiess

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 30, 2012, 03:27:00 PM
IMO, I doubt he ever really took that crap seriously, and would not be surprised if he's making fun of them himself. There was a recent thing about some book promotion from the 80s that mistakenly claimed Obama was born in Kenya. I think the mainstream conservo-radio guys were calling them on it because it was a lie and there's proof he was born in Hawaii.

They obviously can't still claim the birther thing and still bitch about that.

The take of both Beck and Hannity was that it was evidence that Obama tends to change his identity whenever he thinks it will help him-- e.g., being "born in Kenya" made him a more marketable writer in the 90s.

I did LOL when I saw it:

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

He has admitting to falling for Democrat 'ruses' in the past. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on May 30, 2012, 04:00:23 PM

He has admitting to falling for Democrat 'ruses' in the past.

I see, perhaps what he is saying is now will later be revealed to be a Democratic ruse as well.  It must be exciting being a Republican.  Like living in the Soviet Union.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on May 30, 2012, 03:47:46 PM

It's Bantu for fuck you.
To be fair, you did leave out a word.  I think it's "think", but I'm not sure.

Ah, that was it.  I think Yi is unhappy because I caused him to think how an unscrupulous politician might pander to a racist.  I don't think he liked the conclusion he came to.  Perhaps he will understand why some of us are suspicious of racism in the GOP.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on May 30, 2012, 04:16:04 PM
I see, perhaps what he is saying is now will later be revealed to be a Democratic ruse as well.  It must be exciting being a Republican.  Like living in the Soviet Union.

First, he's an entertainer.  Second, lots of otherwise smart Democrats have some pretty odd beliefs.

It really wouldn't hurt you to drop the ueber-partisan bullshit sometimes.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on May 30, 2012, 04:23:36 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 30, 2012, 04:16:04 PM

First, he's an entertainer.  Second, lots of otherwise smart Democrats have some pretty odd beliefs.

It really wouldn't hurt you to drop the ueber-partisan bullshit sometimes.

An entertainer?  Oh, well so am I.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on May 30, 2012, 04:26:25 PM

You're missing a crucial element of being an entertainer ;)

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on May 30, 2012, 04:27:06 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 30, 2012, 04:26:25 PM

You're missing a crucial element of being an entertainer ;)

I can't afford to have a drug habit.